Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

? About soft brake pedal

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2018, 02:44 PM
Teching In

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default ? About soft brake pedal

Hey guys I just got done putting in a 402 in my 01 WS6. I’ve been having all sorts of hell with the brakes. First it was non stop air bubbles which turned out to be coming from the bleeders, put some Teflon tape on them and we were good. I went and bought a Autel MK808 scan tool to bleed the abs block because I still have soft brakes. Got all that air out of the system, looks like it should be great. Still have a soft pedal and no brakes. So I went and got a new master cylinder, bench bled it got all the air out. Still have soft pedal and no brakes?!?!

Is this a vacuum issue? I do have a fairly aggressive cam but I have a dyno tune scheduled in 2 weeks and this car isn’t even driveable because the brakes don’t exist and I’ll probably have to trailer it.

My question is if I hav a vacuum issue would that make my brake pedal hard or soft? I would think hard because of a lack of assist but maybe I’m wrong.

Any help yall could provide for me would be greatly appreciated.
Old 07-15-2018, 06:41 PM
Teching In

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Got it fixed.

Unbolted the calipers and flipped them them all around while bleeding and got a small amount of air out and now suddenly the brakes are as strong as ever. I would have never thought such a small amount of air would render brakes completely useless.

Quick Reply: ? About soft brake pedal