Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

bmr or umi rear control arms ?

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2018, 09:56 AM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default bmr or umi rear control arms ?

any preference between the two, is either better or worse quality they seem pretty close in price , and does adjustable pan hard make a difference vs non adjustable
Old 10-02-2018, 10:11 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 412 Likes on 299 Posts

Both are great and have superb customer service. I went BMR because hammertone. Adj panhard let's you recenter rear if it become offset due to aftermarket rear end or ride height adjustments. Of course I'd get chrome moly. Poly poly ends for a street car.

Midwest chassis makes great stuff too. Give them a call as well. Go with whoever gives the better first impression.
Old 10-02-2018, 11:29 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts

Both BMR and UMI are very comparable. I have BMR on mine
Old 10-02-2018, 08:20 PM
TECH Regular

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Hold off and see which one has the better black Friday sale and go with them lol no in all seriousness there all good companies ive talked and dealed with bmr on my 5th gen, umi at lsfest on my 4th gen and midwest chassis on my 4th as well there all good.
Old 10-03-2018, 07:46 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Why not Founders? I have them and they are great and cheaper than both you mentioned
Old 10-04-2018, 04:45 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

Thanks for considering our products in you decision. Both companies offer comparable US built parts, and I think you will be happy with your decision either way. I obviously have a little bias to say go with our products.
If it comes down to making the decision based on price, I can offer you my coupon code on our website which is active currently, no need to wait for a sale.
Use code fs6ek at checkout to receive a discount on this or any of our other fabricated products

Find a Quality alignment shop near you!
Old 10-04-2018, 07:45 PM
Banned

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I like UMI myself. We are relentlessly testing and #making4thgensfastagain so I'd recommend all UMI. Made In PA-USA and always US materials.

Here's the kind of stuff we've been up to.

Facebook Post
Old 10-12-2018, 01:37 PM
TECH Addict

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Lightbulb

Using stockers with 1LE style bushings (Moog) swapped into them on both my 4th Gens. Stockers have gaps in the bushings, that the Moog ones do not.
Old 10-12-2018, 02:00 PM
TECH Resident

Received 114 Likes on 91 Posts

I ran the BMR set with the relocation brackets on my Formula quality product excellent fitment.
Old 10-14-2018, 02:31 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by jrpimp00
Why not Founders? I have them and they are great and cheaper than both you mentioned
I like the Founders 3 piece poly joint arms I got for my car. Seems a good happy medium between rubber and straight poly (I wouldn't want straight poly bushings on the rear LCAs for my street car, personal preference there).

But as far as the two brands mentioned originally... take your pick. I'd pick UMI first, but again, personal reasons.
Old 10-14-2018, 08:04 PM
12 Second Club

Received 22 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by SparkyJJO
I like the Founders 3 piece poly joint arms I got for my car. Seems a good happy medium between rubber and straight poly (I wouldn't want straight poly bushings on the rear LCAs for my street car, personal preference there).

But as far as the two brands mentioned originally... take your pick. I'd pick UMI first, but again, personal reasons.
Good to hear, I was looking at those but haven't seen many reviews on them. Have you used other aftermarket versions to compare them to?
Old 10-17-2018, 09:27 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

I have not. Just OEM with OEM bushings, OEM with Moog solid rubbers, and Founders. I also installed them at the same time the car got new shocks and springs, replacing well worn out OEM LCAs that the bushings just fell out of, so, yeah...

I don't have the money to try out many things, so I try to do as much research as I can on the parts I'm curious about and run through all the geometry in my head a dozen times how things move, which is how I decided I'd not want plain poly bushings as I pictured the rear twisting over uneven streets and corners, realizing the torsional load that puts on those bushings. If I was doing a race car and didn't care about harshness or noise I'd go rod end, but for a summer fun road car I didn't really want that, so I was aiming towards rubber until found these and thought hey, this looks like it could fit right in the middle between rubber and rod. I've been happy so far. Granted I have not put that many miles on them because of the car being down for a couple years now...