Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Bilstein B12 Pro Kit - Any Reviews?

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2019, 12:59 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thumbs up Bilstein B12 Pro Kit - Any Reviews?

BILSTEIN B12 PRO SUSPENSION KIT (98-02 CAMARO/FIREBIRD) 46-200402

1st, sorry words above are so large, copied and pasted and didn't know how to make smaller. Second, if this is the wrong section of the forum to post this my apologies, please reroute to correct section if needed.

I have a stock suspension 00 SS and would like to know if anyone can vouch for this kit? Comes with shocks and the Eibach Pro springs. I've seen it anywhere from $630 - $700 online. Can't find an actual review for it searching for threads here. I have considered just going springs but have read I should do the panhard bar, subframe, etc. while I'm at it. Let's just say I'm not trying to go into the price of a coilover kit and just want a better stance for the car. As we all know it sits a little to, or should I say, way too high! Any thoughts, opinions and suggestions would be appreciated. I'll just get the Eibach Pro springs by themselves if I can get away with it without issues but I was thinking the shocks wouldn't hurt.
Old 01-12-2019, 09:04 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by ATX Rider

BILSTEIN B12 PRO SUSPENSION KIT (98-02 CAMARO/FIREBIRD) 46-200402

1st, sorry words above are so large, copied and pasted and didn't know how to make smaller. Second, if this is the wrong section of the forum to post this my apologies, please reroute to correct section if needed.

I have a stock suspension 00 SS and would like to know if anyone can vouch for this kit? Comes with shocks and the Eibach Pro springs. I've seen it anywhere from $630 - $700 online. Can't find an actual review for it searching for threads here. I have considered just going springs but have read I should do the panhard bar, subframe, etc. while I'm at it. Let's just say I'm not trying to go into the price of a coilover kit and just want a better stance for the car. As we all know it sits a little to, or should I say, way too high! Any thoughts, opinions and suggestions would be appreciated. I'll just get the Eibach Pro springs by themselves if I can get away with it without issues but I was thinking the shocks wouldn't hurt.
You'll hate yourself if you lower the car using the stock shocks, ride quality will be **** and handling will be sketchy. The Bilstiens are pretty good shocks, the eibach prokit are pretty poor springs and eibachs have a stereotype for rear spring sag on our cars. There are much better springs out there, strano, UMI, and Hotchkis for example.
Old 01-14-2019, 08:30 AM
Teching In

Challenge is with the shock spring kits is you usually only see 2 shocks come with the springs. Other options are the coilover kits which is a little to much $ for the budget. I came across this guy which looks really good.

https://www.hawksmotorsports.com/199...pring-kit-umi/
Old 01-14-2019, 08:32 AM
Teching In

Pics of this setup
http://umiperformance.com/catalog/in...oducts_id=1131
Old 01-15-2019, 08:56 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by ATX Rider
Challenge is with the shock spring kits is you usually only see 2 shocks come with the springs.
Not really sure what you mean here, you get all 4 shocks with a "shock/spring kit".

Also there is no reason you have to buy the shocks and springs together as a "kit", you can buy whatever shocks you like and whatever springs you like.