Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Strano springs and koni’s, rear alignment issue

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2019, 09:33 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Strano springs and koni’s, rear alignment issue

Hello,

i just installed a set of Koni SRT shocks and Strano springs. The drivers side of the rear end seems to be pushed backward and not in line with the passenger side. As you can see in the pictures the passenger side spring is seated firmly and the driver side spring is not seated properly (picture taken with car on the ground).

the car has a Strange 12 bolt and an adjustable panhard bar, does this look like something adjusting the panhard bar would fix? (Figured the panhard rod only adjust the rear from side to side in the car as opposed to front to back) my second thought is a set of adjustable lower control arms could help move the drivers side of the rear end forward. Or maybe it’s something totally different????

Passengers side

Drivers side
Old 04-24-2019, 08:34 AM
On The Tree

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

How was the alignment with the other springs and shocks? I just put the same setup on my car (on a 10 bolt) and didn't notice anything being out of alignment. Looking at the picture, I would say adjustable LCA's would help since they help to center the wheel in the arch, but it also looks to be rolled forward a bit (could be the angle of the pic).
Old 04-24-2019, 08:46 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by PMD Power
How was the alignment with the other springs and shocks? I just put the same setup on my car (on a 10 bolt) and didn't notice anything being out of alignment. Looking at the picture, I would say adjustable LCA's would help since they help to center the wheel in the arch, but it also looks to be rolled forward a bit (could be the angle of the pic).
I can't say i ever checked how the previous springs sat on the rear (stock DeCarbon and Eibech sport kit springs) however there has always been an issue with the wheels not being centered in the arch on the car so maybe a set of adjustable LCA's will be a good idea.
Old 04-24-2019, 09:35 AM
12 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Wow, that doesn't even look safe! If you unhook both the LCA's, can you make the spring sit down? It almost looks like the top is not in the donut properly.
Old 04-24-2019, 04:01 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 79 Likes on 64 Posts

I would shoot Sam a PM if it were me.... I am sure that he can shed some light for ya.
Old 04-24-2019, 08:22 PM
12 Second Club

Received 25 Likes on 20 Posts

Looks like that one coil is stuck on the spring seat. I would take weight off it and rotate the spring until it sits on the spring seat.

Is your pinion angle set up right? The axle looks rotated. If you have welded on lowering brackets they could have been welded incorrectly and your axle isn't centered in the wheel well.
Old 04-25-2019, 02:46 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by 00PewterSS
Looks like that one coil is stuck on the spring seat. I would take weight off it and rotate the spring until it sits on the spring seat.

Is your pinion angle set up right? The axle looks rotated. If you have welded on lowering brackets they could have been welded incorrectly and your axle isn't centered in the wheel well.
I messed around with the jack and finally got it to settle in, actually heard it "spring" into place. the rear still seems to be rotated so I think its time for a adjustable torque arm and torque arm relocation bracket.
Old 05-29-2019, 06:57 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Is everything attached? My S60 was like this for about an hour, I have stranos and the comp 3 way adjustable. Once i bolt everything together (took some rubber mallet in places to move it around) It sat in its perfect position, My s60 was also pushed back on the passenger side until i connected everything, LCA, driveshaft, etc