Notices
Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Bushing kit

Old 07-10-2019, 11:27 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bushing kit

Im just what to see if anyone has done a bushing kit on there fbody. I need some help putting it together and there's no videos people doing it. Its a Energy Suspension Hyperflex Bushing Kits 3.18130R that i have.
Old 07-11-2019, 03:42 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

the instructions in the ES kits are very good......the hardest part is the removal of the old bushings

if you have no car mechanical skills consider payin a mechanic
Old 07-11-2019, 05:33 AM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by Marcel Johnson View Post
Im just what to see if anyone has done a bushing kit on there fbody. I need some help putting it together and there's no videos people doing it. Its a Energy Suspension Hyperflex Bushing Kits 3.18130R that i have.
Might be a good idea to tell us roughly where you live. Maybe somebody on this forum lives near you, and could give you a hand....
Old 07-11-2019, 12:28 PM
TECH Fanatic

Half of the suspension bushings in that kit belong in the trash
Old 07-12-2019, 05:40 AM
TECH Senior Member

yes.....there are haters of this kit......used it on my DD for yrs......no problems
Old 07-12-2019, 07:53 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

It not hating it's facts, what landstuhltaylor said is correct for people who want proper handling vehicles but not everyone drives that hard. For most people on this site, they probably couldn't tell the difference but even for people who run hard on the back roads the only poly bushings should be front upper control arms, front lower control arm forward bushing, engine/trans mounts and torque arm mount. Rear lower control arms need rubber or some sort of roto joint, front lower control arm rear needs the Moog problem solver joint bushing.

Even the places that are acceptable for poly have been known to elongate the holes under extreme use. Again it's all in how you plan to use the car but even before I tracked my car I preferred a properly functioning suspension.
Old 07-13-2019, 05:57 PM
TECH Senior Member

for me poly was a personal choice......it worked well ......other areas of the car i would not choose poly .....choice again.......do your research and make your choices
Old 07-14-2019, 03:16 PM
TECH Fanatic

Rear LCAs should never have just poly in them. Bought my car like that and it was horrendous just driving around town. Caster bushing most people won't notice until either the frame or the arm fails.
Old Yesterday, 01:29 PM
Staging Lane

On the LCAs you can put poly at the body mount and the solid 1LE rubber bushing on the axle mount and it works just fine. I also have run the 1LE rubber bushing on both ends of the LCA and that works fine too.

Search this Thread

About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: