Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

CTS-V brake fitment issue

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2020, 03:03 AM
TECH Addict

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts

Default CTS-V brake fitment issue

Looking for some ideas/suggestions to help.

I'm fitting the CTS-V Brembo 4 piston callipers and Z06 discs to my 1999 z28. I read the guides and did lots of research before buying. Because I'm in the UK and I had to import all the items and can't pop down to a local autoparts store to get any of this.

I'm running 18x9.5 ET32 wheels. Which I thought based on the info I've read, should clear the callipers. But they don't.

They firstly hit the spokes, which while not ideal could be solved by fitting some sort of spacer (although the tyre is pretty close to sticking out of the arch already.

More of an issue, the top/bottom of the calliper is hitting the inside of the alloy and preventing the wheel rotating (even when spaced to clear the spokes. I've measured the inside diameter of the rim at just over 41cm (16.14"). This isn't something that I had read as being an issue with this brake upgrade.

I am now in a bit of a tight spot as the only way to get the rims on so that I can even push the car about, is by removing the callipers!

Does anyone know the minimum inside diameter that is required to clear these callipers? Getting rims in the UK with the correct PCD/centre bore is very difficult.

CTS-V brake fitment issue-guib5nvh.jpg
CTS-V brake fitment issue-4xluhhth.jpg

CTS-V brake fitment issue-jrlk7nal.jpg
CTS-V brake fitment issue-hslfthcl.jpg