Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Swaybar/Endlink angle ?s

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2004, 02:47 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Swaybar/Endlink angle ?s

Just installed an aftermarket rear swaybar today. Have a question about the end-links- do the endlinks need to be perpendicular to the upper end-link mounts? In other words, should the upper endlink mount, the endlink and the swaybar all be exactly vertical as if you hung a plumb-bob from the endlink mount?

The reason I'm asking is because the aftermarket bar's endlink hole is further forward {towards the front of the car} than the stock bar. This makes the endlink angle forward pretty badly. The endlinks on the stock bar were pretty dern verticle, no perceivable angle. It looks {just eyeballing} like the endlink hole is somewhere around .5-1 inch forward on the new bar as compared to the old bar

I went ahead and took the car out for a spin, no bad problems. It felt a bit different than my previous bar {went from a 19mm to a 22mm hollow}, I added a bit more rebound and that seemed to help the feel of the car but it will be a while before I get a chance to try it out on the track. I really don't want to send the bar back, especially if my problem isn't really a problem.

How would endlink angle affect the car if any?

Quick Reply: Swaybar/Endlink angle ?s