Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

BMR Panhard Rod

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2004, 01:12 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've decided to go with Bilstein HD shocks in the rear and a set of Bilstein revalve shocks up front. I'm then going to add in a 35mm front sway bar to the mix. Springs are going to be kept the same...I dont want to lower the car.
Old 07-21-2004, 03:59 PM
Cal
TECH Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by 1ssmokinls1
Springs are going to be kept the same...I dont want to lower the car.
I said that too when I first got my car . . . then I saw how much better these cars look lowered . . . so I said, OK I'm just going to lower it one inch. After I did that, it cornered much better with the lower center of gravity, so I lowered it another inch! Actually, 2 inches in the front and 2.5 in the rear. It's a daily driver, but I avoid the rough stuff now.
Old 07-21-2004, 04:13 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Cal
I said that too when I first got my car . . . then I saw how much better these cars look lowered . . . so I said, OK I'm just going to lower it one inch. After I did that, it cornered much better with the lower center of gravity, so I lowered it another inch! Actually, 2 inches in the front and 2.5 in the rear. It's a daily driver, but I avoid the rough stuff now.
I totally agree that the car looks better lowered, but my boxed SFC's hang low and I have enough speed bumps in and around my area as is. Everyone who has experienced NJ roads knows what Im talking about. I'm not looking for a HUGE difference...I'm only trying to make a noticeable improvment on what I have now because as a whole I feel the car handles pretty well.
Old 07-22-2004, 03:03 PM
Cal
TECH Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Yeah I have SLP boxed SFC's, probably the lowest you can get. I don't scrape if I avoid speed bumps! I drive a windy road to work and autox on the weekends, and have a ball!

As for making a noticeable improvement in handling, the best thing you can do is shocks. Koni SA's on the front, Bilstein 3rd gens on the back. I have Koni's SA's on all four, but they are overkill on the rear. The next step is big sway bars, then better tires and wheels.

Quick Reply: BMR Panhard Rod