Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Founders J&M 3 piece poly ball LCA assembly

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2021, 02:14 PM
Teching In

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Founders J&M 3 piece poly ball LCA assembly

Hi, i have used the J&M / Founders performance 3 piece polyball LCA before on a 90 T/A... I got a set for my 98. Has anyone who have these had a really difficult time assembling them? I don't remember having such a hard time before. It's trying to get the polyball into the arm. I used 2 pieces of 2x4, 1 to rest the arm on and one over the bushings and insert to smack it into the arm, with a hammer. It will not or does not seem to want to go in.. I even broke a piece of 2x4 in half.. One of the polyball's looks very rough out of the mold. I don't know whats going on, wrong size maybe? I tried a couple of the polyball's in the kit, neither will go into the arm. Lubed generously too. ?

Old 10-18-2021, 03:59 PM
Teching In

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

I called J&M/Founders today, i was told they increased the size of the Polyball slightly and that it takes a little more effort to force the Polyball into the arm.. It's all good now, i used my bench vice and forced the Polyball in, then a large socket and hammer to push it into the center of the arm, then added the outer cups and steel insert.
Old 10-18-2021, 08:17 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 844 Likes on 646 Posts

That's a great design
Old 05-26-2022, 10:43 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 844 Likes on 646 Posts

I bought the Founders arms and I greased the inner sleeve of the control arm and the outer portion of the ball. 4 4 slid in by hand. Then I put the outer bushings in place and then greased the metal sleeve and slid it in. Make sure the center ball isn't tilted before inserting the metal sleeve. Great quality product.

Quick Reply: Founders J&M 3 piece poly ball LCA assembly