Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Tubular upper control arm question.

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2022, 12:08 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 69 Likes on 53 Posts

Default Tubular upper control arm question.

Afternoon gents. I have my car lowered on Stranos/Konis at the present. Car has been aligned and drives really nice. I noticed the front tires are lightly rubbing the inner fender on both sides when turning. Will a non-adjustable tubular upper help to alleviate this issue at all? Do some UCA's have a bit of caster built into them to get the wheel back in the fender opening? Or do they just directly mimic a factory control arm as far as geometry goes?
Old 01-18-2022, 04:42 PM
TECH Addict

Received 524 Likes on 405 Posts

Yes, they make adjustable upper control arms but if the wheels are in alinement now when you adjust them to clear the fenders your alinement will be out.
Old 01-20-2022, 09:57 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 56 Likes on 46 Posts

What's the wheel diameter and backspace measurement? I bought my 18x11's with a little extra backspace (45mm) so I could push it out a bit if desired; it rubbed against the antisway bar arm. I added a T6061 3mm spacer to reduce the BS to 42mm and so far it's been fine. My front ride height is about 6.5" to the center of the horizontal LCA bolt. Assuming your wheel studs are long enough, perhaps you can get buy with a thin spacer.

Quick Reply: Tubular upper control arm question.