Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

4th gen UMI adjustable LCA Install

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2022, 07:35 PM
Teching In

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default 4th gen UMI adjustable LCA Install

Looking for anyone who has run UMI on car adjustable LCA's and relocation brackets. I installed their torque arm last summer and the clunking and clicking drove me crazy. I ended up paying a machinist to make me nice hardware that fit tight. That got rid of the clunking.

The car is lowered, so this year I went to put the lcas and relocation brackets on and discovered that they likely will have the same problem due to using standard bolts and generous tolerances. I was wondering if anyone has put those on and experience the same clunking and clicking that I did with the torque arm. Paying a machinist to make that stuff wasn't cheap, but I would rather do it now vs pulling it all out again if it's noisy.

TIA
Old 04-18-2022, 07:47 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1,444 Likes on 1,002 Posts

UMI double adjustable LCA's w/roto-joints are perfectly acceptable to drive daily to me.

Have UMI double adjustable LCA's w/roto-joints on my 99 T/A. They are not as quiet as stock rubber bushing LCA's. The roto-joint transmits a little vibration & noise. It's trivial in my experience.

FWIW - I have had SLP, BMR, Hawk's Motorsports & UMI LCA's one three different cars etc w/polyurethane (squeak and worse can bind in hard cornering) & hemi joints (noise, vibration can also bind in some cases)

The UMI roto-joints are best overall in my opinion & experience.

The following users liked this post:
Pbarby (04-26-2022)
Old 04-24-2022, 08:06 PM
TECH Regular

Received 52 Likes on 42 Posts

I have a set of UMI relocation brackets if you’re interested. I took them off when I installed my MWC 9” that comes with relocation brackets.

Quick Reply: 4th gen UMI adjustable LCA Install