Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Popping noise from front suspension when driving

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2022, 02:25 PM
Teching In

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Popping noise from front suspension when driving

I just re did all of the front suspension on my camaro, I also did Koni shocks paired with bmr lowering springs. After driving about 50miles it randomly got a noise up front. It’s like a popping noise, not quite a clunk. It gets more rapid as you’re going faster. Right before it happened I was on the interstate and hit a decent sized bump. I don’t believe it gets louder when hitting bumps. It also has new SKF wheel huh assembly’s. I didn’t have time to get it up on a lift to check everything over yet. For the record I did not get it aligned yet. The toe is fine but the caster is off a little. I’m getting it aligned tomorrow. Any input would be appreciated because I can’t think of much.
Old 04-25-2022, 06:11 PM
Staging Lane

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Is everything tight?
Old 04-25-2022, 06:31 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Spankstangs1999
Is everything tight?
Yea I believe so, I’ll put it up on a lift tomorrow and double check everything and do an alignment. Im also going to check u joints. There the original with 90k miles on them. Coming back from work now and it sounds like it’s maybe coming from the driveshaft.
Old 04-25-2022, 06:38 PM
Staging Lane

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Could be a lot of things to be honest. A good look over the lift will point you in right direction. Let us know how it goes.
Old 04-25-2022, 06:40 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Spankstangs1999
Could be a lot of things to be honest. A good look over the lift will point you in right direction. Let us know how it goes.
yea I’ll definitely post what it is. It’s more of a thumping noise. I have a feeling it’s the front suspension because that’s all I touched and it didn’t do it before. Although it could really be anything.
Old 04-25-2022, 07:54 PM
Teching In

Well I figured out what it was. Somehow I overlooked the lug nuts and they backed out a little. I ran them down with the impact and completely forgot to torque them. Luckily I caught it before the wheel fell off. I guess I’ll never forget that now

Quick Reply: Popping noise from front suspension when driving