Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

line locks..

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2004, 01:28 AM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default line locks..

can i get some feedback on what you all with the line locks opinions are? I would like to know if it's an easy install, if those of you with m6's needed some getting used to them for take offs at the track.. and any other comments you all have about it. thanks :worship:
Old 08-29-2004, 08:55 AM
10 Second Club

It's a very easy install if you get a kit with the prebent lines. I have the SLP kit which works well but the solenoid is not rebuildable. The more expensive kits have rebuildable noids and would be worth the extra money if you use it alot. I don't think any of the M6 guys are lauching off the line lock just using it for their burnouts.

BTW: SJM Manufacturing make a few different line lock kits. Check them out over there.>>>>>>>>>>>
Old 08-29-2004, 09:57 AM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yea... I am not sure about launching with line lock? Line lock, locks the front wheels so you don't have to hold the break while doing a burnout. I would like to see a launch with line lock though!

I don't have line lock, but I see a lot of people at the track doing 10x better burnout than me I would recommend getting one
Old 08-29-2004, 10:30 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 28 Likes on 23 Posts

I bought the thunder unit, install wasn't too bad, maybe about 2 hours at a relaxed pace. Works great, and 100x easier to do a burnout now, and don't have to worry about cooking the rear brakes.
Old 08-29-2004, 10:59 AM
TECH Addict

cool! thanks. are theirs easy to install as well?
Old 08-29-2004, 03:40 PM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

if it is any concern, all our kits have rebuildable solenoids...

differences from all three designs are mainly cosmetic. All perform equally well. Obviously, for this reason, the B-001 kits would be considered the "best buy". We offer them in a variety of configurations for the guys who "have to have" one particular style over the other.

I think you'll find most kits which include pre-formed lines are all going to be relatively easy to install.

There are differences in what is included in the different manufacture's kits. Only the "better" kits are more complete and include a remote mounted master control switch as well as an LED indicator.

This a very important feature as without it, your LL circuit is ALWAYS active, accidential activation can occur. This not only reduces the life of the solenoid, but can cause a hazzardous situation.

All kits are in stock ready to ship. We ship within 24 hrs of payment via UPS. Tracking info is always provided.

Hope this helps,

Steve
Pres.
Old 08-29-2004, 06:34 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by ninobrn99
can i get some feedback on what you all with the line locks opinions are? I would like to know if it's an easy install, if those of you with m6's needed some getting used to them for take offs at the track.. and any other comments you all have about it. thanks :worship:
I installed the SLP kit on my A4 with the help of a friend. It took about 2 hours at an easy pace. I ended up putting the activation switch in my ashtray. It works really well. I can heat up those rear tires without destroying my rear brakes.
Old 08-29-2004, 10:42 PM
TECH Senior Member

I have the thunder racing kit. It works great and didnt take long to install. It only took me an hour to do. I havent launched off of the line lock yet but Ive been wanting to try it.
Old 08-29-2004, 10:45 PM
TECH Addict

kick *** thanks steve10 and hooper. do instructions come with the kits or can i get them on line? does install university have one?
Old 08-29-2004, 11:31 PM
FormerVendor

Detailed instructions as well as pictorials and a schematic, they are all included in all our kits.

If anyone has problems during an install or questions before or after, we can help.

You can reach me directly during business hours via phone ask for steve. I personally am available during off hours via e-mail. Customer support is what it's all about. Obviously, I check e-mails and posts quite often to be certain questions or concerns regarding our products are answered. We fully support all our products we design/manufacture.

Steve
Pres.
Old 08-29-2004, 11:38 PM
TECH Addict

thank you very much and your right customer service is key! its on the list of parts i need , so when i get to it..i will let you guys know.
Nino
Old 08-29-2004, 11:44 PM
TECH Addict

well since i dont know much about them, which would you recommend? i hardly go to the track, so i wont need it often. Just for the few times that i do go. Thanks again Steve.
Old 08-29-2004, 11:56 PM
FormerVendor

They all work exactly the same; there are no discernable differences in performance between any three solenoid choices. Besides the solenoid, the kits are all alike and contain the same components.

I suggest the LS1-B001 kit as it is the least expensive in price and does the same thing. The differences in price lies with the solenoid costs themselves.

The only reason to choose the other two is if you like the way one of them looks in comparison to the other. It really comes down to an estetic difference.

Steve
Pres.
Old 08-29-2004, 11:58 PM
TECH Addict

simple enough. thanks again!!!
Nino
Old 08-30-2004, 12:00 AM
FormerVendor

btw,

you'll find that they become addictive. You'll end up using it more then you think. They are fun at stoplights or parking lots for a quick smoke-show to you friends, good for the quick warm-up of tires for an "unexpected race"

Steve
Old 08-30-2004, 12:53 AM
TECH Addict

i know!!!!!!!! that's whats going to end up happening..especially since i think i have the fastest car on the ship... i have to prove it!!
Old 08-30-2004, 01:02 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by ninobrn99
kick *** thanks steve10 and hooper. do instructions come with the kits or can i get them on line? does install university have one?
The SLP kit came with very little install instructions. But it is fairly straight forward, anyway. Sounds like Steve10's got you covered so you should be fine. Enjoy.

Quick Reply: line locks..