Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

BMR TRACK PACK T/A broke!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2004, 04:32 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 2002_TAWS6
Hate to burst your bubble but DAMMMMMNNNN!!!! 12.3 in a near stock car??? What kind of 60 fts are you cutting? You must be launching the crap out of that car! Automatic or manual? stall?

I am running 12.6s in my cam and bolt ons setup with a 2.0 60ft. I might not be the best driver out there but keep in mind I am dynoing 380rwhp and added 373s to the equation. You could be beating my times with 40 less horsepower if not more. This is causing a lot of driving abuse to the car.

Awesome times . Not a hater, but you must understand that your are driving your car beyond its expected potentials and this is what could happen.

Please give us your 60 ft times and 1/8 time.
Good luck
the only power mods are:
headers
lid
cutout

the rest is weight reduction and lots driving
ford 9 inch
3 1/2 inch hipo driveshaft
stage 4 clutch
McCloed adjustable master
solid LCA's
boxed subframe connectors

6500- dump clutch
no lift shift

that was when i had 3.70's and the ls1 intake

60 foot- 1.74
1/8th mile 7.94

what ppl don't understand about these cars is they make enough power to run 12.4 STOCK. you just need to get all that power to the ground (which i still haven't done yet.... feels ALOT better with 4.30's in it)

Last edited by ramairstyle00; 09-07-2004 at 04:39 PM.
Old 09-07-2004, 10:17 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Isn't this the same "track pak" not "extreme" torque arm in Icon autosports car that has a turbo 350 with a trans brake and 60' foots in the 1.30's and runs in the mid 9's?
Old 09-08-2004, 11:07 AM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Let me set a few records straight. First, we don't accept private messages so there is no reason to ever check them. We just don't have the resources to monitor all of the web forums that we sponsor. Please, if you have a problem, send us an email or give us a call before you start a "Bash BMR" thread. I am sorry we did not respond sooner, we have been through 2 hurricanes in the last 2 weeks and are having problems just staying open.

Secondly, we do have a replacement policy. We will replace any product that fails within the the first year of service providing the customer has a receipt. Without a receipt, their is no way of telling how old a product is or what it has been through. People have a habit of setting the pinion angles wrong or adjusting the adjuster out too far which is typically what causes a failure. The torque arm pictured is over 2 years old. The rear bracket and torque arm design has evolved through the years as the cars have become quicker. While the Trak Pak pictured has run into the 9's before and the newer version has actually seen a 9.30 pass, we typically recommend these times for our Xtreme torque arm which is much stronger.

The Xtreme torque arm just set a record in Innovative Turbos' 3rd generation F-Body this past weekend. He ran a 7.98@180mph on our "off-the-shelf" torque arm with BFG Drag Radials!

Allan Miller
President
BMR Suspension
www.bmrsuspension.com
(813) 986-9302
Old 09-08-2004, 04:39 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

It is dissapointing to see posts where a product has failed . . . although in responce, I have a ton of BMR products on my SS for years without incident.

Will something fail? I sure hope not, but anyway failures do occur, and more often when you mod your car. I certainly do not see this as a manufacturing issue . . .

To get a 12.6 out of a stock motor you have to be beating the living **** out of the car and its parts . . .
Old 09-08-2004, 05:44 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by BMR Fabrication Inc.
Let me set a few records straight. First, we don't accept private messages so there is no reason to ever check them. We just don't have the resources to monitor all of the web forums that we sponsor. Please, if you have a problem, send us an email or give us a call before you start a "Bash BMR" thread

maybe thats why i sent it 2 weeks ago with no return....

i called and asked what i could do, hoping to get even the slighest cut on price but for what i would have paid to get a new bar, Forced Performance gave me a Spohn torque arm that mounts in the same spot but looks ALOT stronger for the same.

just bugged me to get something i thought was "beefed up" and have it fail on me
Old 09-08-2004, 05:48 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Xsta Z 28
To get a 12.6 out of a stock motor you have to be beating the living **** out of the car and its parts . . .
not really. it had more in it but it was humid, hot, and i had to drive 90 miles to get home. it was built for what i'm doing (or so i thought) and i know o many other ppl who push there cars MUCH harder

think about this.... do you go to the track to push the gas pedal all the way down or to run the car lightly? NO, you go to push it.... stretch its legs out

i had one person predict i'd go a 13.0 and another predict i'd go 12.7
Old 09-08-2004, 06:20 PM
Staging Lane

I too was thinking of getting a torque arm from BMR, but I guess I'm not going with them anymore.
Old 09-08-2004, 08:59 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Xsta Z 28
It is dissapointing to see posts where a product has failed . . . although in responce, I have a ton of BMR products on my SS for years without incident.

Will something fail? I sure hope not, but anyway failures do occur, and more often when you mod your car. I certainly do not see this as a manufacturing issue . . .

I have to agree...that is an extreme time for a stock motor...
Old 09-09-2004, 01:00 AM
TECH Addict

it pulled 352hp on a friends dyno when he first opened shop. i thought it was way BS but maybe it is pullling the numbers
Old 09-09-2004, 01:02 AM
TECH Addict

and maybe the weight mods are showing up
Old 09-09-2004, 06:30 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by ramairstyle00
it pulled 352hp on a friends dyno when he first opened shop. i thought it was way BS but maybe it is pullling the numbers
uh, you left of the RW on that hp rating...
Old 09-09-2004, 08:01 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by 1BadMoFo
uh, you left of the RW on that hp rating...
sry, 352rwhp. it just doesn't feel like it has that
Old 09-13-2004, 10:59 PM
TECH Apprentice

excessive over extension of the adjuster perhaps creating a weird bind. maybe the cross bar was welded to far forward on the SFC's causing a need to have the adjuster all the way out(?)

i've been driving on the street (daily driven) for just under 2 years now ~15,000miles with BMR tubular k-member and lower tubular a-arms and have hit many a pot holes at all different rates of speed/angles and this thing has taken a beating and is still going strong!

looks to me like that thing broke because of install error and or bad suspension geometry

and Chapman, i cant even believe you are trying to get a refund on a product that you bought used from a private 3rd party, thats pathetic.
Old 09-14-2004, 12:00 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by f-bodman
Well, I've been trying to decide between BMR and Spohn, I guess Spohn it is...

Yes sir! I agree. I have been trying to make that same decision, and Spohn it is.
Old 09-14-2004, 12:44 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by simple
excessive over extension of the adjuster perhaps creating a weird bind. maybe the cross bar was welded to far forward on the SFC's causing a need to have the adjuster all the way out(?)

i cant even believe you are trying to get a refund on a product that you bought used from a private 3rd party, thats pathetic.
HorsePower Factory installed it, i didn't. you know that

wasn't trying for a refund, was more trying to give the "look out" as i bought a Spohn one anyway

3rd party or not, it was still purchased from BMR from the getgo.
Old 09-14-2004, 02:43 AM
TECH Apprentice

I kind of stand behind BMR on this one, i wouldnt expect them to warranty a 2 year old part, that was bought used. I have a BMR Trak PAck sitting on my floor im looking at right now i havent put in yet, i think im going to make sure i keep my reciept, lol.
Old 09-14-2004, 08:04 AM
TECH Addict

one word.... Spohn. i shoulda took pics of the difference
Old 09-14-2004, 08:14 AM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ramairstyle00
one word.... Spohn. i shoulda took pics of the difference
i got the spohn that mounts in the stock location. it is friggin beefy. i love it. here are pics:

Old 09-14-2004, 08:30 AM
10 Second Club

I am very surprized that a low 12 second car pulling 1.7 60ft's broke that thing.I was running 12.2 cutting 1.62 60ft.'s with the stock torque rail ,stock shocks ,springs ,struts,and stock clutch and never broke a thing.Then I did H&C and did a BMR panhard,LCA and TA.I have the TA that mounts to the tranny.I know this isn't what I should be running but I got all the BMR stuff for 200 bucks brand new,some kid got it all for x-mas and never put it on the car then sold the car.I cut 1.56 60ft.'s with a lesser TA.I'm gonna upgrade to a yank solid convesionframe mount to take some stress off my tranny.Maybe your pion angle was too agressive.Not sure how that sucker could have broke.Good luck with your TA problems
Old 09-14-2004, 08:48 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by 2002_TAWS6
Hate to burst your bubble but DAMMMMMNNNN!!!! 12.3 in a near stock car??? What kind of 60 fts are you cutting? You must be launching the crap out of that car! Automatic or manual? stall?

I am running 12.6s in my cam and bolt ons setup with a 2.0 60ft. I might not be the best driver out there but keep in mind I am dynoing 380rwhp and added 373s to the equation. You could be beating my times with 40 less horsepower if not more. This is causing a lot of driving abuse to the car.

Awesome times . Not a hater, but you must understand that your are driving your car beyond its expected potentials and this is what could happen.

Please give us your 60 ft times and 1/8 time.
Good luck
Dude, your car should be running faster.With just bolt on's-SLP LT headers,firehawk cat back,SLP lid,4.11 gears,totally stock suspension(sway bar still hooked up,SLP flow pac,stock clutch,RAm Air HO hood gutted ducts,my car went 12.2 with a 1.62 60ft at 109mph.That was on a 16" MT ET street 26" tire at full weight-(3710 with me in it) the rear didn't like that so much though it only took about 20 passes of that before I broke a axel.I think if you put a good tire on that car of yours and invest in a rear you should be in the 11's.I know that if I had my car tuned and did a clutch upgrade and maybe even a e/water pump I would have been in the 11's with out getting into the engine.I have done a lot since my sig. but not changing it just yet.I have done some stuff to drop some weight and now I'm running a x-pipe to 3" duals,bigger injectors and fuel pump,clutch,TNT F2 kit.Once it's all dialed in I'll change it and should have video also

Quick Reply: BMR TRACK PACK T/A broke!!!!