Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Need line lock help please

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2004, 10:16 AM
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Need line lock help please

I glazed my rear rotors and pads so I'm turning the rotors and repacing the pads and dont want this to happen again. Because this is an ABS car I wanted to know if there would be a problem installing a line lock solenoid. Or if I would need any special electrical component to disable the ABS during a burnout. I was just going to put one of those 39.00 Biondo line locks on but in the fine print it says "not for use on vehichles with ABS". So now I don't know what I'm gonna do. I looked at the kit SLP makes and it looks like you are paying all that money for pre bent lines and a wiring kit, It actually looks just like the Biondo line lock with an SLP sticker slapped on it. Will someone please help me figure this out? I know most of you have already been there and done this.
Thanks

Hummer
Old 12-22-2004, 10:26 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Check out SJM manufacturing, they are a board sponsor. I run one of their line lock kits. All the lines are pre bent, fit it perfect & the wiring & instructions are all there.

http://www.mycamaroz28.homestead.com/
Old 12-22-2004, 10:44 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by jamnut
Check out SJM manufacturing, they are a board sponsor. I run one of their line lock kits. All the lines are pre bent, fit it perfect & the wiring & instructions are all there.

http://www.mycamaroz28.homestead.com/
Thanks, this is a big help. Which solenoid do you have?
Old 12-22-2004, 11:03 AM
TECH Resident

I got the cheapest one, no problems in about 6 month's of use. They all perform the same, it's just if you want to spend more money on a better looking noid?
Old 12-22-2004, 11:53 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by jamnut
I got the cheapest one, no problems in about 6 month's of use. They all perform the same, it's just if you want to spend more money on a better looking noid?
I dont care what it looks like just as long as it works, I'm cheap.
Old 12-24-2004, 06:33 PM
FormerVendor

Thanks for the vote jamnut.

Today is the last day we are extending a previous special for the B-001 line lock kits...e-mail me sjmmanufacturing@verizon.net if you need help.

The solenoids do all work very similar...differences lie in actually materials used, appearance etc. We carry them in three configurations for the folks whom have to have a particular style.

The B-001 kit is definitely a best buy kit. I recommend this combination to everyone.

Steve
pres.
Old 12-24-2004, 10:39 PM
TECH Senior Member

I have a hurst line lock and it works great. If I had looked around I would have bought a kit from SJM..I spent a lot more