Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Suspension and Torque Arm Question

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2005, 12:57 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Suspension and Torque Arm Question

i currently installed SLP Lt's with a 3inch X-pipe and Magnaflow 4x9's turned down at the rear end. i was wondering whats the best suspension set up and torque arm that would work with my car (in sig). i wont be doing any road racing just plain drag racing at the track, its also my daily driver. i was looking at the HAL "R" spring and shock kit that thunder racing has which is basically meant for drag racing. will that work or do my SLP LTs hinder any suspension work. also which torque arm would fit with the exhaust system i have? i was looking at the BMR but don't know if it would fit? any remarks would be fine thanks
Old 02-03-2005, 02:01 PM
TECH Junkie

From what I've read, most trans mounted torque arms should work. If you want a chassis mounted, do a search on the alston torque arm, PSJ posted a pic of his a while ago, it bolts down to the tranny tunnel, FLP sells them.
Old 02-03-2005, 02:05 PM
TECH Addict

the reason i believed it wouldn't fit was because i have this driveshaft safety loop that came with my exhaust system when i bought it. so when i thought of getting a torque arm i was thinking of something like BMRs Trak Package. that doesn't mount the arm to the tranny but to where my driveshaft safety loop is mounted so i guess that would be a problem. but whats so different from the factory torque arm to the ones that BMR and other comapnies sell?

Quick Reply: Suspension and Torque Arm Question