Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

New brakes came in

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2005, 07:46 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New brakes came in

just ordered new rotors and pads from the tire rack, this is my question: I got 4 big pads and 4 small pads I know the big pads go in next to the rim, where do the small ones go? Will i just understand it when I start taking the old ones out?
Old 02-04-2005, 08:17 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by REDWS6CHICK
just ordered new rotors and pads from the tire rack, this is my question: I got 4 big pads and 4 small pads I know the big pads go in next to the rim, where do the small ones go? Will i just understand it when I start taking the old ones out?

Just match them up, and install them just like the old ones came off. One will have a "clip" hanging off the end (a "squeaker" that rubs the disk when they are worn to tell you to change them). Just match those and then the others and you will be fine. You'll see them when you get them off.
Old 02-04-2005, 08:27 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Um, bigger pads go on the front wheels, smaller ones on the back. And yes, you will understand once you start to take it apart. And its a good idea to do one side at a time so you have one side still together to use as a guide if you get lost.

Quick Reply: New brakes came in