Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Car feels twitchy and is loose

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2005 | 01:53 PM

Default Car feels twitchy and is loose

Over the last few months I have done a few suspension mods like a BMR K-member, a Spohn 1” sway bar, and a Spohn adj. torque arm. After I installed the K-member I had the front-end aligned.
On the street the steering feels twitchy and the above 75mph the car does not feel as under control as it did in the past. It also feel loose like it wants to get away from you when you are past ~60mph and at WOT.

At the track the car is loose (some runs are better than others) and I have to fight to keep it straight past the 1/8 mile as the rear seems to be swaying back and forth. At first I thought I was running my slicks too low (14psi) but the car feels only a little better with 17psi in the slicks. The car was not loose in the past. The loose feeling is definitely much worse with you are at WOT than if you were just going fast.

I have checked the installation of the K-member, sway bar, and the torque arm and everything is tight and torque to specs.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

John

Last edited by JNorris; 02-07-2005 at 02:15 PM.
Old 02-07-2005 | 06:01 PM
On The Tree

What alignment specs were used? If they reset them to the factory settings, that could be the source of the problem. And the 1" rear sway bar may be a bit too much as well...

When I put in my Hotchkis springs/Bilstein HD's, I had it aligned to -1 degree of camber, + 4.5 degrees of caster, and 1/32" of toe-in. The car is very stable....
Old 02-07-2005 | 07:54 PM

Below are the after alignment specs.

------------Left------------Right
Camber-----(.7)------------(.4)
Toe---------(0)-----------(-.03)

Cross Camber = .03
Total Toe = -.02

John
Old 02-08-2005 | 07:48 AM
TECH Veteran

John, you could told me all this before I ordered one LMAO...

maybe they just did a crappy alignment job? Some places suck at that. Did you get it aligned with the skinnies or the stock rims also?
Old 02-17-2005 | 03:42 PM
TECH Fanatic

I'am having the same problem the rear feels loose or rolling.I think is my spohn torque arm.I'am running torque arm 405.

Quick Reply: Car feels twitchy and is loose