Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

wheel hop prob please come in

Old 02-11-2005, 01:08 AM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default wheel hop prob please come in

ok iv posted this in the rear section with not much luck so i thought id give this a try here. all opions welcome ot help figure this out.

hey all i installed a moser 9in with 35 splin gun drilled axles light weight spool, 4.10 gear, alum pinon suport. i have BMR LCA's TRACK PAK with ADJ TQ ARM, and a bmr panhard rod.

ok my ? is from a roll in 1st gear i cant get rid of all my wheel hop. i can dump it and get nun at all and i can slam 2nd and get none at all. jsut from a roll in 1st gear. this is on street tires.

any one got a idea? i had none before the rear swap. i was think it might be cause of the spool turnning the wheels at the same speed at all times with no slip in there like a posi whould. does that make any sense to you guys and maybe some truth to it? iv talked ot a few ppl and they said it chould be.

got a friend with same set up rear but he has a auto with 31 splin axles and spool and 4.10s, he said on the street with street tires his whould do same thing but with the mickey ET's streets it whould on the street of the track.

looking for some opinons thanks
Eddie
Old 02-11-2005, 12:20 PM
TECH Fanatic

rear shocks maybe? just guessing since i think from a roll there is not as much weight transfer and the shocks would have to do more work to keep the rear down.
Old 02-11-2005, 08:24 PM
10 Second Club

Search for how to adj your Tq arm, maybe it's not right. And drop the back end of your LCAs to the lowest hole in the bracket (if you have relocation barckets & they aren't already in the lowest hole) and get some STIFF shocks. I run my HALs at 8 & get zero wheel hop & I can smoke my tires thru 3rd gear.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: wheel hop prob please come in