Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Torque arm clearance issue...

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2005, 09:23 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Torque arm clearance issue...

I have a 96 lt1 camaro and i have true duals with longtubes and was wondering if there is a torque arm that will not have any clearance issues with my dual exhaust... i heard spohn torque arms don't fit, anyone know of a torque arm that will???

thanks
Old 02-14-2005, 08:00 AM
Kleeborp the Moderator™

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

What kinda torque arm are you looking for? Tunnel mount? Tranny mount? When I had my duals fabbed, I had them fabbed so I could use either. You are obviously more limited. Seeing as how you have Koni SAs, I'm guessing you don't live at the drag strip (I certainly don't). For that reason, I went with the G2 torque arm, but it is $$$. I haven't received it yet, but it fits within the same dimensions as the stocker, and is supposed to be stronger. We shall see...
Old 02-14-2005, 09:07 PM
Staging Lane

Well, i dont have any problems with clearance with the stocker, so if the G2 is the same size, it will work, lemme know how it works for you... And no i definitely dont live at the drag strip, but i enjoy straight line racing almost as much as running through the twisties...
Old 02-15-2005, 07:37 AM
Kleeborp the Moderator™

Originally Posted by LT1-Z28
Well, i dont have any problems with clearance with the stocker, so if the G2 is the same size, it will work, lemme know how it works for you... And no i definitely dont live at the drag strip, but i enjoy straight line racing almost as much as running through the twisties...
Same here...UPS tried to deliver it yesterday while I was gone, so I should have it today, and hoping to have it in by Friday. I'll let you know how it goes. If I forget, just send me a PM and I'll let you know that way
Old 02-15-2005, 10:53 AM
Staging Lane

Will do, i need LCA's, a Torque arm and an adj. panhard rod badly, launching and hard corners are killing my rearend...SFC's might work well too, would they give me any clearnace issues with true dals?
Old 02-15-2005, 12:00 PM
Kleeborp the Moderator™

Depends on what kinda duals you have and what kinda subframes you are looking at...any non-DD style subframe connector (as in NOT SLP or the Kenny Browns) should work without issue. My duals were custom made, so they fit with my SLPs without issue.
Old 02-17-2005, 05:21 PM
Staging Lane

I am looking for some sfc's that will fit under my lanes w/pacesetter lt's... they are dual 3" pipes...