Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Wierd Noise! any help?

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2005, 05:31 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wierd Noise! any help?

I hear a clunking or something that sounds like its tapping under the passanger side rear seat, when I go over a pitch change (like my driveway), or hit bumps. It seems to be worse when the car is cold and gets better once warmed up. Any thoughts on what this could be? I checked all nuts and bolts as well as exhaust clearance?
Old 02-15-2005, 10:23 AM
12 Second Club

I would say it is your LCA, but it gets better when warmed up. I'd still check the LCA and if they are aftermarket the welds. MY welds broke and made a clunk sound under the pass seat. Also stock ones do when the bolts loosen, but you said you checked all the bolts.
Old 02-15-2005, 01:36 PM
10 Second Club

Or it could be the exhaust pipe that goes over the axle housing. Mine did that once right after I replaced the exhaust. The fit is TIGHT there.
Old 02-16-2005, 08:12 AM
Launching!

She is bone stock for now untill my tax return gets direct deposited. I grabbed the exhaust and moved it all around and it is hitting nothing. As I said I have checked every nut and bolt. I am taking it to the dealer in a couple weeks before the mods while it's still under warranty.

Quick Reply: Wierd Noise! any help?