Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

which springs to buy

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2005, 11:36 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default which springs to buy

i was wondering which springs is best for our cars. i just want to lower my car with new springs but dont want to change anything else, is that alright to just get lowering springs. please post with answers. the car looks too high up now.
Old 03-14-2005, 02:52 AM
TECH Fanatic

If you go with lowering springs you should also get shocks that will be able to dampen the springs, stock shocks won't be a good combo with lowering springs.
Old 03-14-2005, 10:25 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you don't mind the 3/4" ground clearance loss, the Bilstein/Eibach Level I suspension is a fantastic xcross type setup, and they handle great.

I started a thread on Bilstein suspension review last week, as I just wanted to hear everyone's thoughts on this type of system.

All depends on your intent and application (daily driver habits).
Many of the altered (upfitted) vehicles also have the 1le Koni suspension system which is even better, but also more expensive. If you go this route, it should be for the longhaul, not if you intend on trading/selling the vehicle anytime soon.

I suggest you read both threads and see what you think. These are packaged systems.
Old 03-15-2005, 04:55 AM
On The Tree

I put BMR springs on mine and kept the stock shocks. Is the ride unbareable? No. It isn't great either though. The set-up works, but my next mod will definately be some kind of shocks.
Old 03-15-2005, 06:04 AM
TECH Senior Member

I like LGs springs