Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

which LCA's

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2005, 09:59 AM
Possible Scammer - Buyer Beware - Issues Unresolved

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default which LCA's

i am trying to decide which brand to go with and weather i want adjustable or non-adjustable. i am workin on makin my car a car that will run good at the track but still drive pretty good on the street. I also want to lower my car and didn't know if LCA's would need to be adjusted after i get my car lowered. Which brand is a good brand. I think it would be pretty cool to get the spohn chrome moly ones, but i would rather them perform better than look better. any suggestions.......

doug
Old 03-18-2005, 10:27 AM
11Second Club

Originally Posted by 00ls1
i am trying to decide which brand to go with and weather i want adjustable or non-adjustable. i am workin on makin my car a car that will run good at the track but still drive pretty good on the street. I also want to lower my car and didn't know if LCA's would need to be adjusted after i get my car lowered. Which brand is a good brand. I think it would be pretty cool to get the spohn chrome moly ones, but i would rather them perform better than look better. any suggestions.......

doug
I just bought G2 LCAs because they're in town. I chose to get the LCAs with one rod end and one poly bushing. I would recommend this setup due to the quality of the LCAs, the ability of the rod end to aleviate axle bind, and the poly bushing's ability to reduce road noise. The only suggestions I have on choosing a brand are these...

1) Be sure you check on the quality of the brand... I believe Spohn is a safe bet.
2) Make sure that if you get rod ends they use the QA1 rod ends. I've heard bad things about non-QA1 rod ends.
3) Beyond #1 and #2, I'd just get the least expensive ones you can find.

As for adjustable vs. non-adjustable, I've never heard any reason for having an adjustable LCA. However, I don't believe I've ever seen a non-adjustable LCA with one or two rod ends. Therefore, mine are adjustable.
Old 03-18-2005, 11:40 AM
TECH Fanatic

If you're a drag racer, you'll need the adjustability of the LCAs to provide tire clearance when running full on drag slicks or DOT approved drag slicks.
Old 03-18-2005, 06:29 PM
Retired Street Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i searched and asked the same questions and decided on the bmr chrome moly double rod ended adjustable lower control arms.
Old 03-18-2005, 06:45 PM
Launching!

Default bmr

i chose the bmr boxed style with relocation bracketts which are a must if lowered however the boxed style seems to be more beefy but is not adjustable.
Old 03-18-2005, 06:51 PM
Possible Scammer - Buyer Beware - Issues Unresolved

Originally Posted by mdblackz28
i searched and asked the same questions and decided on the bmr chrome moly double rod ended adjustable lower control arms.
what made you decide on those??
Old 03-18-2005, 11:59 PM
Retired Street Racer

they were recommended for my drag setup by Larry at Speed Inc. But my car is not a daily driver, so the rod ends might be a little too extreme for some applications.
Old 03-19-2005, 11:49 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by pimpmaro
If you're a drag racer, you'll need the adjustability of the LCAs to provide tire clearance when running full on drag slicks or DOT approved drag slicks.
What size slick would make adjustables necessary?
Old 03-19-2005, 06:49 PM
Retired Street Racer

Originally Posted by 01TAFlyer
What size slick would make adjustables necessary?
bigger than a 28"
Old 03-19-2005, 11:13 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by buckwild
i chose the bmr boxed style with relocation bracketts which are a must if lowered however the boxed style seems to be more beefy but is not adjustable.
How do you like them?.... I'm putting my new one on this next weekend.
Old 03-20-2005, 03:16 PM
Banned

Keep your stockers so you will not have no complaints.....