Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Traction Control

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2005, 07:57 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Traction Control

HOw do you know if you have traction control? My low trac light comes on when I peel or blast off?
Old 03-18-2005, 08:14 PM
TECH Addict

You would have a button to disable it. When you press the button, a little light on the instrument cluster would light up reminding you that its off. The low trac light will come on on all F-bodies.
Old 03-18-2005, 10:30 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by REDWS6CHICK
HOw do you know if you have traction control? My low trac light comes on when I peel or blast off?
You should have a button marked TCS on your dash. If you spin the tires and the low trac light comes on, you have traction control. You should also feel the gas pedal kick back at your foot. Otherwise, it will only come on when the ABS activates.
Old 03-22-2005, 02:03 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by TooSlow02
You should have a button marked TCS on your dash. If you spin the tires and the low trac light comes on, you have traction control. You should also feel the gas pedal kick back at your foot. Otherwise, it will only come on when the ABS activates.

So I guess I don't have it because the low trac light does come on but I don't have TCS button. So I don't need that TCS reversal from SLP, right?
Old 03-22-2005, 03:45 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Can you do a burnout? If you can smoke the tires, you don't have it. It will nearly kill the engine if it's turned on (I have it) and you try a burnout. The low track light can be driven by the abs system seeing a difference in wheel speed and calculating that there has been a loss of traction.
Old 03-22-2005, 07:21 PM
On The Tree

So I guess I don't have it because the low trac light does come on but I don't have TCS button. So I don't need that TCS reversal from SLP, right?

Nope, don't need it!
Old 03-22-2005, 11:28 PM
TECH Resident

On a T/A i think the button is to the left of the cigarette lighter. "low track" dosn't mean you have Traction control, my old T/A would set off the 'low trac' light whenever i'd burnout, or slid around, but it didnt' have traction control.
Old 03-23-2005, 01:23 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by 12stones
On a T/A i think the button is to the left of the cigarette lighter. "low track" dosn't mean you have Traction control, my old T/A would set off the 'low trac' light whenever i'd burnout, or slid around, but it didnt' have traction control.
Yep, look to the left of the cig lighter right behind the shifter. If there's a botton that says TCS there you have traction control, if it's a pocket about the size of a pack of cigs you don't have it.
Old 03-24-2005, 10:22 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sounds like you don't have it. In that case, you don't need the logic module. Have fun smokin' up.

Quick Reply: Traction Control