Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

What lowering spring kit ?

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2005, 05:36 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What lowering spring kit ?

Wanting to keep stock shocks until I can afford the HAL shocks, but to lower the ride for looks only for now. So SLP, or BMR, what would you buy.
Thanks,
Kevin
Old 03-21-2005, 06:18 PM
TECH Addict

IMO, BMR ride sucks on stock shocks...I'm sure anything will though.
Old 04-03-2005, 04:48 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I would just live with the looks until you had the money to do both. It saves you from tearing everything apart twice.
Old 04-05-2005, 02:32 PM
TECH Junkie

I love the look of my Hotchkis springs. To do it right though, save up and get all of the following at once:

Springs - I personally like Hotchkis. You could also get a good coilover kit.
Shocks - Koni SA's or revalved Bilsteins. I got cheap-o KYB shocks and they're better than stock, but only a little. Had I to do it over again, I would get better shocks.
Adjustable panhard rod - When you lower the rear-end, it WILL shift out of center. An adjustbale PHR will fix this and is an easy install while you have the rear-end up in the air.
LCA relocation brakcets - When you lower the car, the lower control arms end up either level or angled higher in the back than the front. This impairs their usefulness. LCA relocation brackets fix this and are another easy install. I bought bolt-in brackets and they made a big difference in traction.

It's a lot of money, but if you do it all at once, you won't regret it.

-Mike
Old 04-05-2005, 04:04 PM
Teching In

Thanks guys, I already have an adjustable panhard bar and had to LCA reloc. brakets for the exhaust. So I am part of the way there. I think I am leaning towards the coilover route, but not 100% sure. Was mostly concerned with the fact that some springs I have seen drop the rear lower than the front and do not want that and with the coilovers I can "customize" the drop and look.
Kevin
Old 04-05-2005, 08:35 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The Ground Control coilover conversion for the front is only $225. It really is the best way to get the height just how you want it, plus you can choose whatever spring rate you want. There is a rear kit for $200, but I would say it is optional. A second set of stock springs can be bought and modded for under $30. Good shocks are important as well, so start saving up the dough. When done right, you can get the stance you want, a good ride and great handling.

Quick Reply: What lowering spring kit ?