Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Autozone and Napa - ceramic brake pads.

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2005, 02:15 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Autozone and Napa - ceramic brake pads.

Yeah I know its on of those comparison threads Does anyone have ceramic brake pads from either company? My main concern is brake dust. I recently bought chrome z06's and everytime i wash the car, 10 miles down the road they are dirty again. Autozone's front pads were 37, while Napa was 75. Can anyone compare the two companies or give some feedback from their ceramic brake pads from either?
Old 03-22-2005, 02:25 PM
10 Second Club

I use the Autozone ceramics on my daily driver and they still dust, But not as bad cheap sets they sell. For my TA I use the AC pads which are spendy but do not dust.
Old 03-22-2005, 02:39 PM
TECH Addict

Ceramic pads still dust, but it isn't the same color, so it is less obvious. Plus I think there is less dust. Ceramic pads are hard on rotors. I also do not recommend them for street use. They are awesome for stopping fast because they don't fade when they get hot like normal pads. But they are so hard that they suck *** around town, and you have to hit your brakes harder. Just my experiences, and something to think about.
Old 03-23-2005, 08:46 PM
On The Tree

just don't be lazy and wash you wheels. there aren't any pads that won't get your rims dirty. as for which parts store screw both of them and come to advance and get the wearevers golds for like 29 bucks. better than that other crap imo. btw if you can't tell i work there. lol.

Quick Reply: Autozone and Napa - ceramic brake pads.