Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

confused wheel hop with shocks installed wrong..

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2005, 03:52 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default confused wheel hop with shocks installed wrong..

I bought bilestein shocks to help with wheel hop and they worked for a few days. Then it started again and with a little thump push - it should be said I have a shift kit stage 3. Before I replaced and installed the shocks I had to install a tranny mount, put in a poly mount felt better -stock mount was torn apart. Today I got a chance to check and reinstall the rear shocks and I noticed they were not installed properly. The rear right side, which thumped for one second, once in second gear. Had the lower shock bushing -where part of the bushing that go through trunk area- was only half way in the hole. This small detail gave me this thump that felt like wheel hop on acceleration. I test drove the car today and no thump, really fun now that I don't have to worry about the thump when car goes into second gear.

I also had a clunk before this and it turned out to be, part of the slp loudmouth pipe was hitting the driveshaft when going into second gear. Fixed this by pounding a dent on the loudmouth pipe where pipe was hitting on the driveshaft u-joints on acceleration.

Hopefully this may help somebody.

UPDATE; The dam clunk came back after a few days of driving. I have just decided to take it to the shop and see what they find. I looked over the torque arm and it looks as if it has a bent at the side near the top of where the top bolt goes through, but im stumped as to what is causing this clunk so to the car shop and see what they find.

Last edited by 98boxer; 04-05-2005 at 11:49 AM.