Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

DMS spring owners. Come in.

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2005, 11:25 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default DMS spring owners. Come in.

Well I've been going back and forth between these and Hotchkis. I've heard nothing but good things about them both and the price tag on the DMS springs makes me lean towards them even more.

My main concern is ride height. They have an advertised drop of 1.3" which of course is most likely gonna be more once they've settled, but I was looking at some customer cars and they look slammed in the front while others ones don't.

If anyone that has these springs can please come in and help me out I'd appreciate it because I really like the sound of them and their price, but I'm just kinda stumped on why some of the cars look slammed in the front and some don't. I don't wanna have that look. Wheel tuck makes baby Jesus cry.

Here's the pics...http://www.dynamicmotorsports.com/Springs%20Pics).htm
Old 03-30-2005, 09:44 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by ritz
Well I've been going back and forth between these and Hotchkis. I've heard nothing but good things about them both and the price tag on the DMS springs makes me lean towards them even more.

My main concern is ride height. They have an advertised drop of 1.3" which of course is most likely gonna be more once they've settled, but I was looking at some customer cars and they look slammed in the front while others ones don't.

If anyone that has these springs can please come in and help me out I'd appreciate it because I really like the sound of them and their price, but I'm just kinda stumped on why some of the cars look slammed in the front and some don't. I don't wanna have that look. Wheel tuck makes baby Jesus cry.

Here's the pics...http://www.dynamicmotorsports.com/Springs%20Pics).htm
I think DMS springs look good. They do have the racked look though. Pics are in my sig. Before and after.
Old 03-30-2005, 12:21 PM
Teching In

I think the ride height on the DMS springs are perfect. I can go over speed bumps and rarely scrape my headers or y-pipe. I did swap out the rear isolaters in place of some rubber hose to drop the back a little more.

Just to give you an idea, I can stick about 2 1/2 fingers in between the fender and tire up front and 3 fingers out back.
Old 03-30-2005, 08:24 PM
TECH Apprentice

I am curious too. TTT for ya.
Old 05-15-2005, 03:42 AM
11 Second Club

I put the DMS springs on the car along with some HD's:

The front dropped alot and the rears don't look like they dropped at all. I can almost get one finger in above the front p-side tire, and one complete finger above the d-side front. The p-side rear I can get 3 fingers in and the d-side I can get 4 fingers in. I thought the rear would of dropped more than this. Looks almost stock to me.
Old 05-15-2005, 07:14 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have DMS springs and love them. They ride great (nearly like stock) and have a great stance. I did cut my rear springs though because about the time that I bought mine, they had changed the spring rates and it made the car ride a little higher in the back than some of the other cars that I had personally seen. Here are some pics.

http://img212.exs.cx/gal.php?g=benscar9mx.jpg
Old 05-15-2005, 12:38 PM
TECH Addict

Where can you get DMS springs?
Old 05-15-2005, 01:15 PM
master of the "jack"stand

The key to getting the right look with the DMS springs is removing the rear spring isolators. If you don't take them out, the front will look unproportionately slammed. I also used some rubber hose around the top of the rear springs. Here are some pics of my car, shocks are Koni DAs.

Old 05-15-2005, 09:03 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by ChevyWeatherman
The key to getting the right look with the DMS springs is removing the rear spring isolators.
Are those the rubber spacers? what kind of hose did you wrap around the spring? Got any pics?

onemeanZ- you have a PM, since i don't think they are a sponsor.
Old 05-15-2005, 09:09 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Aaron's 00 TA
Are those the rubber spacers? what kind of hose did you wrap around the spring? Got any pics?

onemeanZ- you have a PM, since i don't think they are a sponsor.
I'm thinking he used 5/8" heater hose. That seems to be the replacement of choice when people remove the rear isolators. Could be wrong though.
Old 05-16-2005, 06:14 PM
master of the "jack"stand

Yes, I think that is the size I used. It was a very tight fit getting the hose on, I ended up greasing the spring and hose up to make it slide....
Old 05-19-2005, 12:40 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by ChevyWeatherman
Yes, I think that is the size I used. It was a very tight fit getting the hose on, I ended up greasing the spring and hose up to make it slide....
Sweet looking ride! I'm going with these springs for sure!
Old 05-19-2005, 05:27 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Mine definately has the slammed look in front, and I couldn't stand how the back stood so much higher. I ended up cutting a half a coil out of the rears, and it helped a lot. Now, I like the look, but the front could be a little bit higher still. When I got my alignment, it helped the front look a little higher. I guess when it was dropped, the angle of the front tires caused them to sit higher up in the wheel well????? I dunno. But the alignment did help. Personally, I wouldn't recommend them. I'm tired of skimping on a few dollars here and there for a cheaper product, then regretting it later. Just my 2 cents. Good luck with your decision.
-Marc

Quick Reply: DMS spring owners. Come in.