Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Bilsteins, might be stupid question, but?

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2005, 02:51 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 140 Likes on 91 Posts

Originally Posted by mitchntx
Finally, we agree on something

I guess it's kind of like having a single bad experience with a floor pan mounted torque arm and proclaiming them all bad, correct?

Like I said, my HDs have seen a ton of track duty over the last 4 years and they seem none the worse for wear.

I would think for street duty, there should be no problem ...

If you are seeking tenths of a second on a road course or AX run, then by all means, spare no expense.

Spend your money wisely ... based upon real world NEED ...
As usual, you think that I'm out for one purpose only.... Thankfully there are those who actually listen to what I say vs. assume I'm only out for their money and can vouch for my ethics.

Absolutely spend money on what you need. And for the 4003rd time, you are basing your HD's and the recommendation for them on your limited experience. Experience that hasn't had you trying alternatives to see what you are missing. Kind of like saying Pepsi sucks when you've never tried it.

And I don't proclaim all floorpan arms bad from a single experience. And they aren't all bad. Some are worse that others, and frankly if you have some kick *** SFC's, you'll likely never have an issue. But, as is normal, you tend to leave out those relavant details as they don't fit you notion of me. I've had one experience personally, but there are many other cases of it as well. And if you want to run one, that's fine. I just feel it's better to let folks in on my experience and let them decide....

Funniest part is you saying "if you are looking for a few tenths....". Impling that it's a small difference that doesn't matter. Yet, you and others spend big money on things like heads, cams, and other go fast parts looking for more speed.
13 SCCA Pro Solo Nationals Championships
2023 UMI King of the Mountain Champion
Old 05-09-2005, 03:07 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Sam Strano
Funniest part is you saying "if you are looking for a few tenths....". Impling that it's a small difference that doesn't matter. Yet, you and others spend big money on things like heads, cams, and other go fast parts looking for more speed.
Again we agree ... a new record, I think! HP is something very tangible ... handling is very subjective, though.

I will admit that I learn something new each time we "debate" ...

Quick Reply: Bilsteins, might be stupid question, but?