Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Should I have my ECBM replaced?

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2005, 02:11 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Should I have my ECBM replaced?

I had my stock torque converter put back in my car and I drove the car home the two miles from the shop. A couple of days later I started my car and the ABS inop and brake lights were on. A local Chevy dealer service department said I need a new ECBM but the want over $800.00 for the part.

Do I have any alternatives if I want to get this fixed?

Thanks!!
Old 04-17-2005, 09:36 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by kcfan
I had my stock torque converter put back in my car and I drove the car home the two miles from the shop. A couple of days later I started my car and the ABS inop and brake lights were on. A local Chevy dealer service department said I need a new ECBM but the want over $800.00 for the part.

Do I have any alternatives if I want to get this fixed?

Thanks!!
If you want to take the chance on a used EBCM, then you might check eBay. I found several low mileage ones on eBay that I bid and won. the lowest price for a new EBCM for my ASR equipped Z28 was 1600 USD and I wasn't about to simply fork over the money. I got at least 2 used ones for no more than 8.00 each, but make sure you have the right part number for yours before you bid.
Old 04-18-2005, 02:08 AM
TECH Senior Member

theres more and more people building race cars, so it shouldnt be too hard to find one here on tech.

Quick Reply: Should I have my ECBM replaced?