Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Need Help on what suspension for Twin Turbo Car?

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2005, 07:41 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need Help on what suspension for Twin Turbo Car?

Guys I just bought a CAS Twin Turbo T60 setup and custom ordered a LME shortblock, I have everything for the engine and the TT setup, just need the rest. I am still looking for a 4L80 E to hold over 1000 HP, but I really need a complete list of suspension parts that i have to have operating close to 750 RWHP. I would like a list and vendor's name. The cheapest if possible, but I know, I spend over $15,000 on an engine and TT, and I want to go cheap on the suspension, lol. Thanks for your help in advance.
Old 04-16-2005, 12:34 PM
Banned

Default tttt

come on guys, help me out?
Old 04-16-2005, 05:06 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I'm sure someone will chime in. There aren't too many of us that have a setup like yours. In the future I may need your adivce since I'm planning on doing a setup similiar to yours once I get out of college and get a GOOOOD job. Mecham may be able to help you...who knows maybe he will post up.
Old 04-16-2005, 09:08 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Auctane_71
Guys I just bought a CAS Twin Turbo T60 setup and custom ordered a LME shortblock, I have everything for the engine and the TT setup, just need the rest. I am still looking for a 4L80 E to hold over 1000 HP, but I really need a complete list of suspension parts that i have to have operating close to 750 RWHP. I would like a list and vendor's name. The cheapest if possible, but I know, I spend over $15,000 on an engine and TT, and I want to go cheap on the suspension, lol. Thanks for your help in advance.
Are you looking to do wheelstands, or do you just want suspension parts that won't break? A really good mod to start with is a beefed up torque arm. You can get a stock-style replacement, but for that much power I would go with something like BMR's Xtreme torque arm. BMR says it's for 8-second cars and can take anything you can throw at it. They have a drag-race specific 1.25" rear sway bar to eliminate rear torque steer and help the car's stability during launch. Subframe connectors are a good idea, especially at your power level. Upgrading your rear lower control arms and panhard bar will help keep the rearend from squirming around under launch. That's pretty much all I can think of offhand. I've had good luck with BMR, but there's quite a few companies to choose from.
Old 04-16-2005, 11:46 PM
Banned

Default thanks

Thanks guys, yea I will give you any advice you need. Right now I am in my second year of college and I am depending on people for there advice so I know how it will be.

As far as suspension, how does BMR Extreme Torque arm with bar, and BMR's panhard, and BMR LCA's, plus what does everyone recommend, weld in or bolt on SFC's, and is the STB worth the money on my car? I want this car to be my daily driver so I don't really thik that I will want to do wheelie stands, lol, although maybe some on the weekends Thanks.
Old 04-17-2005, 10:54 PM
Banned

Default ttt

I need is suspension in 3 weeks so ican have my car done in time to race n 04 Cobra with a F1 Procharger. Help me out guys.
Old 04-17-2005, 11:15 PM
Staging Lane

Spohn makes a really nice torque arm there a sponsor here,thinking about geting one since i cracked my bmr one.
Old 04-18-2005, 08:26 AM
Banned

Default Torque Arm

So the BMR Extreme Torque arm isn't as good as Sphoon's??? I will go and look at both and compare price and power holding qualities, how about for the rest of the car??? Does anyone have a better price if I am buying like EVERYTHING, which should be close to $2,000 retail?Thanks,

Jon
Old 04-18-2005, 08:34 AM
SSU'S Vice Mod

Look @ UMI's stuff too. Though they are just coming online and are still developing products but they too are a sponsor. Shop around! Definately do subframes, they are a MUST! if you plan on making that much power. Bolt ins are good, but weld ins will be better (welds > than bolts any day). What kind of numbers are we looking for? Single digits from the sounds of it, so you'll definately need @ least a 6 pt. bar, you're on your own there, but that will help stiffin and tie in the chassis too.
Old 04-18-2005, 02:53 PM
Banned

Default ttt

I am looking into Spohn's Chromoly 10 pt roll cage, and probably going to go with there whole suspension setup, but I am stil thinking about BMR and UMI, which ever can cut me the best deal. Any suggestions for seats and harnesses, This car is going to end up costing around $50,000, I never knew that at the first when I just wanted to buy the CAS TT setup fro $4,500, I never knew I would be getting a hwole new buletproof drivetrain and all new suspension, but it will be worth it
Old 04-18-2005, 11:04 PM
Banned

Default ttt

come one guys, I just need a list of parts
Old 04-18-2005, 11:20 PM
TECH Apprentice

Talk to spohn, Steve is a good guy he will point you in the right direction