Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Help pick a Tq. Arm......

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2005 | 12:03 AM
TECH Enthusiast
20 Year Member

Default Help pick a Tq. Arm......

Simple guidelines.......catback only, full suspension, M6 car. I'm looking for the best TA to help me rid my wheel hop and get outta the hole on street tires or Nitto DRs as well as possible.
Old 05-03-2005 | 12:53 AM
TECH Enthusiast
20 Year Member

ttt.....anyone?
Old 05-03-2005 | 01:08 AM
On The Tree

I ordered a $299 adj torque arm from stranoparts.com around 2 weeks ago.

They took my money and I haven't heard from them since. I even sent an email inquiry as to the status of my order. No response to that either.

Seemed like a good deal at the time.

Matt
Old 05-03-2005 | 08:14 AM
Teching In

i went with the spohn adjustable TA, i dont have any track times before and after or anything, but i can def tell a performance increase is there.

be warned though, the rod ended arm is noisy!
Old 05-03-2005 | 10:43 AM
On The Tree

If you want the best get a Global West Tracklink. I got mine from thunder racing.
Old 05-03-2005 | 11:59 AM
TECH Resident

Spohn or BMR.
Old 05-03-2005 | 12:42 PM
TECH Resident

Here's another choice. I just put in a Random Tech T/A. Sorry no times, but the car seems to stick better, according to my butt-meter.
http://www.thunderracing.com/catalog...&vid=3&pcid=89
Old 05-21-2005 | 07:04 PM
Launching!

Spohn Poly adj tunnel mount HUGE difference in the launch. Got about 4" air on the drivers side.

good luck
Old 05-22-2005 | 02:41 PM
12 Second Club
10 Year Member20 Year Member

depends on your goals down the road, the tranny mount TQ arm is good to about 11.00's and higher in the 1/4, anything lower then that will take out the tailshaft, my buddy just did this to his turbo SS with stock TA on ET Streets at the track, so it will happen. Being that said, if your car is more of a 1/4 mile and plan to do more to it, then I would look into the Spogn tunnel mount TA, or the BMR Trak Pak, both take the mounting points of the TA off the tranny, to a crossmember that is either welded (BMR Trak Pak) to the underside of the car, or bolts (Spohn) to existing mounting holes under the car, both are adjustable. If your car is more a street car and will see the track a few times a month, I'd go with either the BMR adjustable TA, or the Spohn adjustable TA, or the Random Tech adjustable TA, all three are tranny mount and seem to be the best TA's out there for the price. Hope this helps out some.
Old 05-23-2005 | 02:14 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor
10 Year Member20 Year Member

Originally Posted by Ole1830
I ordered a $299 adj torque arm from stranoparts.com around 2 weeks ago.

They took my money and I haven't heard from them since. I even sent an email inquiry as to the status of my order. No response to that either.

Seemed like a good deal at the time.

Matt

I just wanted to point out that in another thread (one he started) Matt wrote this

"Addco Torque arm review (about a week on the car)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So last Monday, I installed an ADDCO adjustable Torque arm, $330/shipped from Stranoparts.com on my Transam.

The install went so-so. Basically, it took longer than I thought, but I got through it.

I got the driver's side muffler moved yesterday so it wasn't rubbing against the torque arm. So I did a little bit of spirited driving with the new torque arm installed. For testing purposes only.

It's a completely different riding car.

The *** end kicks out if you want it to, and stays put if you don't want it to. :love: In addition, this thing helps alot on the launches too. I rolled on the throttle pretty aggressively from a stop the other day, and after three quick chirps, she just hooked, **** and get.

My car hasn't hooked like this since I had Nittos on the stock converter. Yes, it makes that much difference. :faint: Easily, the best "bang for the buck" mod i've done since the Yank.

If you can't tell by now, I love it. My best 60' to date is mid 1.9's (I don't get to the track much). My SOTP meter tells me this single mod is worth at least a 10th avg (at least on my car, it is)"

Anyway.... Matt, I took your money, but it's not as though you didn't know where to find me. And FWIW, e-mail is not as readily responded to as a good old personal phone call. I get a LOT of e-mails everyday, more than most could imagine. I'm glad you like your arm, and thank you for starting another thread saying just that, although it would have been nice if you would have come back and mentioned it instead of leaving the impression I ran off with you cash....
13 SCCA Pro Solo Nationals Championships
2023 UMI King of the Mountain Champion
Old 05-23-2005 | 02:37 PM
TECH Junkie

im going with the spohn, and got a drive shaft loop with it for free. if you don't go with that one i would recommend the cromoly bmr.
Old 05-23-2005 | 04:30 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Guys, I don't plan on lowering my car (atleast anytime soon) so I went with the BMR non-adj torque arm. Did I make a wise choice?
Old 05-23-2005 | 05:17 PM
TECH Junkie

you should be fine, anything is a lot better than the stocker

Quick Reply: Help pick a Tq. Arm......