Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Addco Torque arm review (about a week on the car)

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2005, 03:58 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Addco Torque arm review (about a week on the car)

So last Monday, I installed an ADDCO adjustable Torque arm, $330/shipped from Stranoparts.com on my Transam.

The install went so-so. Basically, it took longer than I thought, but I got through it.

I got the driver's side muffler moved yesterday so it wasn't rubbing against the torque arm. So I did a little bit of spirited driving with the new torque arm installed. For testing purposes only.

It's a completely different riding car.

The *** end kicks out if you want it to, and stays put if you don't want it to. :love: In addition, this thing helps alot on the launches too. I rolled on the throttle pretty aggressively from a stop the other day, and after three quick chirps, she just hooked, **** and get.

My car hasn't hooked like this since I had Nittos on the stock converter. Yes, it makes that much difference. :faint: Easily, the best "bang for the buck" mod i've done since the Yank.

If you can't tell by now, I love it. My best 60' to date is mid 1.9's (I don't get to the track much). My SOTP meter tells me this single mod is worth at least a 10th avg (at least on my car, it is)

Matt
Old 05-21-2005, 02:02 PM
TECH Enthusiast

That's great to hear. I'm looking at my Shohn unit that's been sitting on my floor for the past 2 weeks. You've just motivated me to install it tomorrow.
Old 05-21-2005, 04:21 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by ssPetess
That's great to hear. I'm looking at my Shohn unit that's been sitting on my floor for the past 2 weeks. You've just motivated me to install it tomorrow.
Good luck with the install. Feel free to PM me if you have any questions. The job wasn't particularly difficult per se, but I hit a few snags that had to be worked through.

Take it easy,

Matt
Old 05-23-2005, 09:40 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Ole1830
Good luck with the install. Feel free to PM me if you have any questions. The job wasn't particularly difficult per se, but I hit a few snags that had to be worked through.

Take it easy,

Matt
Will do, thanks Matt...

Quick Reply: Addco Torque arm review (about a week on the car)