Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

going back to stock springs

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2005, 08:01 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default going back to stock springs

This is probably a stupid question but I'll ask anyway. I have my car up on jackstands to fix my Y pipe banging problem. I am also planning on putting the stock springs back in the car due to ground clearance issues
with new Y pipe and Eibach springs. I was thinking since the car is up it would be a good time to swap the springs. I'm going to the track on Tuesday and I'm not sure I will be able to get the car re-aligned before then.The previous owner had the lowering springs put in and I assume the car aligned so I'm not sure what specs they aligned it to. How much is the alignment affected by a spring swap, would it be enough to cause a safety concern?
Am I better off just waiting until I can get the car aligned ?
Old 05-15-2005, 11:07 AM
On The Tree

You should be fine unless you are planning on going on a long drive. I just put WS6 springs back in from an Eibach Pro kit.... haven't alligned it yet, and she is still tracking very straight. As long as she isn't pulling real bad, the track will be fine. The worst thing you might get is some uneven tire wear. Just get it alligned when you have the chance, but don't put too many miles on or you'll end up needing new rubber.
Old 05-16-2005, 07:02 AM
12 Second Club

thanks that's what I was looking for.

Quick Reply: going back to stock springs