Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Linelock Question

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2005, 03:31 PM
KCS

Received 307 Likes on 207 Posts

Default Linelock Question

I'm trying to install SLP's linelock kit, and the directions suck. They say to run the ground from the switch along the main harness, across the radiator, and then to the solenoid. Inside the car, where is the main harness and whats the easiest way to access it w/o tearing apart the dash...if possible.
Thanks in advance.
Old 06-03-2005, 10:13 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i ground mine inside the car.there is a ground bolt in youre kick panel on the drivers side thats where i put mine.the other wire off the switch goes through the engine compartment to the silinoid
Old 06-04-2005, 04:19 PM
KCS

Received 307 Likes on 207 Posts

I grounded the switch already, my question is how to run the wire through the firewall into the engine bay. The directions say to run it along the main wiring harness, but where is that?
Old 06-04-2005, 05:06 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by HOODRAT
I grounded the switch already, my question is how to run the wire through the firewall into the engine bay. The directions say to run it along the main wiring harness, but where is that?
You can run it through the firewall on the passenger side. Pop the hood and remove the bracket holding the PCM. Inside you will see a 2" rubber grommet. Puncture a hole in it and then remove the passenger kick panel to gain access to fish it through. Screw the main wiring harness, just get it where it needs to go.
Old 06-04-2005, 11:19 PM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

This may not help you with your initial question but...I'm not sure if you're reading the directions incorrectly or they are not written properly. You never use a switch on the ground side of a circuit lifting the ground. Switches should only to be used on the hot side of a circuit and they should always be fused.

Our kits include a grommet and are wired differently then your setup. You may want to add an LED and a master arm circuit as your setup can be activated at any time during driving...not a good thing. You could even activated the switch while cleaning the car for example and never know it...that can burn the solenoid out very easily.

Steve
Old 06-18-2005, 07:39 AM
TECH Fanatic

LIne lock switches should be mometary
Old 06-18-2005, 09:30 AM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by z-ya
LIne lock switches should be mometary
Totally agree, a momentary switch makes the line lock much easier to activate/deactivate. SLP is the only one that sets them up with a on/off switch without any type of protective master control circuit shut off....at least if it was set up with a master control circuit, it would be more safe.

Cleaning your car with this type of setup and accidently switching the solenoid on can take one out rather easily. Imagine hitting the switch at a stoplight (or your buddy sitting next to you messing around not knowing what the switch does), not realizing it's activated, then proceeding forward and tapping your brake to slow down, and the brakes don't release...then you panic not knowing what the heck is going on. I wonder how many folks have accidently activated unknowingly.
Old 06-18-2005, 10:02 AM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Momentarys are great. Your line lock is a great piece Steve. It's holding up to my abuse just fine.

Quick Reply: Linelock Question