Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Question for tubular k and a-arm guys???

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2005, 07:06 PM
9 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Question Question for tubular k and a-arm guys???

hey all......

i've got a couple quick questions i was hoping to get answered, especially by Pro Fab users.

1) does the tubular upper a-arm use a factory upper ball joint?

2) is there anything wrong with reusing the factory upper ball joint with 23,300 miles on it or should it definately be replaced? i know that i would need to drill out the rivets and use bolts and lock nuts in its place.

3) and last, what did you guys use for the k-member bolts since the factory ones are now too long for the tubular one?

thanks,
Dave
Old 06-14-2005, 07:21 AM
9 Second Club

come on guys.............i know a bunch of you have done this and know what's needed. i did a search before posting the answers to my specific questions were not found.

thanks again.
Old 06-14-2005, 04:34 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by PRAY HRD
hey all......

i've got a couple quick questions i was hoping to get answered, especially by Pro Fab users.

1) does the tubular upper a-arm use a factory upper ball joint?

2) is there anything wrong with reusing the factory upper ball joint with 23,300 miles on it or should it definately be replaced? i know that i would need to drill out the rivets and use bolts and lock nuts in its place.

3) and last, what did you guys use for the k-member bolts since the factory ones are now too long for the tubular one?

thanks,
Dave
1) Yep, I replaced mine with a set of Moog ball joints.

2) Should be nothing wrong with it, but hell, you are already there, just replace them and you will not have to worry about them for quite some time.

3) I used my stock K-member bolts. They were the correct size for my tubular K-member.
Old 06-14-2005, 05:42 PM
9 Second Club

good info, thanks. that's basically what Pro Fab told me today except for the front 4 bolts....said to use 1 1/2"..12mm..1.75.

Quick Reply: Question for tubular k and a-arm guys???