Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

installed Konis on my ride from Strano, with existing DMS springs

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2005, 04:12 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default installed Konis on my ride from Strano, with existing DMS springs

I just wanted to give a huge thanks to Sam, he spoke with me for quite a bit about the different options i had, and when i basically found out which he had on his ride and which ones were the best, i just went for it.

The ride is 100000 times better, i had crap shocks on there that werent made for lowering springs and it was a horrible ride. Now the car handles awesome, and it also sits about a half inch higher up front which i am VERY happy about. I just need to find the best tune for the front and rear shocks.

Sam, i was wondering if replacing the bushings and endlinks would be a good idea? The car has 60k miles on it and they seem pretty bad, i went to autozone and checked out the energy suspension ones but they didnt have any listed for my car, even though im sure there are ones that fit.

Thanks again Sam.

Leonardo Colella
Old 06-18-2005, 08:24 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Here's a few things that might help:
http://frrax.com/rrforum/index.php?a...=0&#entry49548

As far as adjusting them for your needs, You can get all technical and hit a race track or if you don't need to be so precise-

If you have the DA, leave the bump setting full soft, adjust the rebound up front from soft to harder in 2 sweep increments until the ride gets too stiff or you feel uncomfortable, them back it down 1 or 2 sweeps. In other words, use as much rebound as you are comfortable with. The rear rebound is usually best at full soft, but play with it to make sure.

That's the quick and fast way and it works well.
Old 06-19-2005, 12:49 AM
Teching In

I just ordered the Koni SA's from Strano's, I have the SLP Bilstien's right now with SLP Bilstiens shocks ( Factory SLP susp) Will I notice a handling improvement over the SLP set up with the Koni's ? or should I start another post.

Thanks
Old 06-19-2005, 12:59 AM
TECH Senior Member

You should. It will depend a lot on how you have the front SA's adjusted.

Once they are in and adjusted, you tell us, OK?
Old 06-19-2005, 02:42 AM
TECH Senior Member

All this Koni talk maked me want to pull the bilstiens. Only thing is, I dont see them as having 10(or how ever many) different adjustments. I see them as 9 different ways for them to be set up wrong. Sorta scared of the adjustability I guess you can say.
Old 06-19-2005, 03:24 AM
TECH Senior Member

Think of it like this, you can't get the adjustment wrong. If you go too firm in rebound, you will know it in your butt. If you go too soft you simply loose some of the quick turn in, but it rides well. It can be a bit of trial and error, but once you find the sweet spot, just leave it there.

No big deal really. Just adjust it to what you like. It's a good shock like the Bilstein, it just lets you tweak it to suit your particular tastes. No right or wrong.