Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Hotchkis and DMS pics please....

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2005, 06:53 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

MINE ARE HERE!! Girlfriend called said they got in right before 5pm 1 day earlier than I expected. THX DMS and UPS. Shocks will be in next Tuesday. Man I can't wait!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 07-11-2005, 09:29 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by SLPCAMAROSS
Anyone else order the DMS yet?
Ordered mine today. I gave 'em your name Allen so, I hope you get your credit.
Old 07-11-2005, 11:29 PM
On The Tree

I bought a set of DMS springs off Eric. Got the whole set for $196 shipped with Tax because I live in Cali. You can't beat that price shipped to my front door! Now I need new shocks to replace the stock (106,000 miles) ones! Now I need to talk to Sam the Shock Master.
Old 07-12-2005, 10:33 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by MasterOfPuppets
Now I need to talk to Sam the Shock Master.
Who is "Sam the Shock Master"? Might need his advice as well. I'm looking at KYB AGX shocks to go with my DMS springs. They'll cost about twice what I've spent on the springs. J/W …will I be dissatisfied with the springs if I mount them before I can "spring" for the shocks, too. Or, will they ride well with the stock shocks on my SS until I can swing the cash for the KYB's? Also, are the KYB's a good choice or is there something better that doesn't cost a lot more? I found a set of 4 KYB AGX on shox.com for about $380 - that's about $50 cheaper than any other place I found, even locally. Other shocks I looked at (like Koni) are more than twice that. I'm not really wanting to spend that much.
Old 07-12-2005, 06:56 PM
TECH Addict

Well, the UPS man hooked me up. The DMS springs have arrived. DMS is awesome, springs showed up exactly when they said they would. Customer service ruled....

Old 07-12-2005, 06:57 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
LS1Tech 20 Year Member

Put 'em On! Put 'em On!!!
Old 07-12-2005, 07:12 PM
TECH Resident

Do any of you with these lowering springs have true duals over the axle?
Old 07-12-2005, 07:22 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by ArcticZ28
Put 'em On! Put 'em On!!!
I'm dying man, Saturday they are ON!
Old 07-12-2005, 09:07 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by AnimalSS
Who is "Sam the Shock Master"? Might need his advice as well. I'm looking at KYB AGX shocks to go with my DMS springs. They'll cost about twice what I've spent on the springs. J/W …will I be dissatisfied with the springs if I mount them before I can "spring" for the shocks, too. Or, will they ride well with the stock shocks on my SS until I can swing the cash for the KYB's? Also, are the KYB's a good choice or is there something better that doesn't cost a lot more? I found a set of 4 KYB AGX on shox.com for about $380 - that's about $50 cheaper than any other place I found, even locally. Other shocks I looked at (like Koni) are more than twice that. I'm not really wanting to spend that much.
He is referring to Sam Strano. I am not sure if he is on the board but i think he is.

ONEMEANZ...when did you order yours and how long did it take for them to arrive. I just ordered 2 sets today to ATL.
Old 07-12-2005, 09:21 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by ZEEMAN
ONEMEANZ...when did you order yours and how long did it take for them to arrive. I just ordered 2 sets today to ATL.
Ordered them last Tuesday, July 5th. Told me they would be 5 or 6 business days to get there, today July 12th, which was exactly 5 business days. So they have there **** together.........you won't be disappointed customer service wise...
Old 07-12-2005, 09:53 PM
TECH Fanatic

offtopic but eibach prokit with stock shocks (for now)

Old 07-12-2005, 10:34 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by CNTLSE 1
Do any of you with these lowering springs have true duals over the axle?
Might check the external engine section. My gut feeling is that anybody with over-axle duals will be in there more than they are here. Also, if you're wondering whether it can be done... the answer is yes, with a high price tag. 3 inch duals over the axle on a lowered car will be tough. You might have to downsize to 2.5 inch (which really isnt bad at all, and might save you some $$)
Old 07-13-2005, 12:57 AM
TECH Senior Member

LS1Tech 20 Year Member

Originally Posted by JustAnIlluzion
offtopic but eibach prokit with stock shocks (for now)

Wow, that's a perfect drop, and actually the first pic of a car with Eibach's that didn't look like crap.
Old 07-14-2005, 12:15 PM
On The Tree

Just some Advice for those of you that are going to install the DMS or pretty much any springs with you're stock shocks... Dont.

I ended up bringing the car to the shop for the install not to break my ***** on the DMS spring install because I heard the front was a PAIN IN THE ***.

It's true.. The Rear springs went in, in about 20 mins, when it came to the front... the ******' stock shocks coulden't be removed from the spring because of the corosion & rust that built up over the years (which happens a lot). I had to then have my shop order 2 front KYB shocks (decent for the price, didn't have the money to go all the way).

What im trying to say is, theres a good chance that the stock shocks up front will be impossible to remove without damaging the old bolts so you're better off doing it all at once with BRAND NEW SHOCKS & SPRINGS. Im pretty stubborn so i found out the hard way with a hole in my pocket -$550.00 for everything. AANd i still need to get rear shocks eventually.

I'll take some shots of the DMS on the car sometime today and post them. It looks pretty sick Front's a little lower than rear but i think it'll settle in after like 2 weeks like they say at DMS.

Just a heads up guys, good luck!
Old 07-14-2005, 12:21 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Posted by: SLPCAMAROSS
Just some Advice for those of you that are going to install the DMS or pretty much any springs with you're stock shocks... Dont.

I ended up bringing the car to the shop for the install not to break my ***** on the DMS spring install because I heard the front was a PAIN IN THE ***.

It's true.. The Rear springs went in, in about 20 mins, when it came to the front... the ******' stock shocks coulden't be removed from the spring because of the corosion & rust that built up over the years (which happens a lot). I had to then have my shop order 2 front KYB shocks (decent for the price, didn't have the money to go all the way).

What im trying to say is, theres a good chance that the stock shocks up front will be impossible to remove without damaging the old bolts so you're better off doing it all at once with BRAND NEW SHOCKS & SPRINGS. Im pretty stubborn so i found out the hard way with a hole in my pocket -$550.00 for everything. AANd i still need to get rear shocks eventually.

I'll take some shots of the DMS on the car sometime today and post them. It looks pretty sick Front's a little lower than rear but i think it'll settle in after like 2 weeks like they say at DMS.

Just a heads up guys, good luck!
I think that it is pretty common knowledge that most people have to replace the shocks when you do the springs. I didn't have to, but my car only had about 32,000 miles and it is not a daily driver, so the front shock/spring assembly came apart pretty easy. But, it is a good idea to replace them while you are at it to save you some labor costs down the road, for having to do the same job twice.
Old 07-15-2005, 02:48 AM
TECH Fanatic

Ill be putting my DMS springs on pretty soon. For you guys that bought them, we need to try to get DMS to come over here and be a sponsor. Like most of you im sure, i also browse the "other" 2 websites from time to time and know that DMS is over there. DMS is also a sponsor for my car club and Eric@DMS has hooked me up a few times in the past with great pricing and customer service.

For those that have yet to install the springs, just wait and do it with shocks. As was mentioned above, on my last car i got new Koni SA's and 1LE springs for my car. The Stock shocks were Koni DA's because my car was a 1le. Just like the decarbons though the springs were a ***** F..... To get off if you know what i mean. Almost broke the front shocks. I sent them away for rebuild and then sold them. I never used the dual adjustment in the past, single was fine for me. If you have the cash, get the Koni's, if not, get some revalved Bilsteins. Eric told me the KYB is an affordable option, but everything for my car that has been "affordable" has cost me later down the road. Now i just save and do it right. GL
Scoobs
Old 07-15-2005, 12:23 PM
On The Tree

Default Got some pics of the DMS installed..

Here are some new pics I took with the DMS springs installed with some KYB's up front only. (rear when I can afford it)

Sorry for the shitty quality , they were taken on my phone cam -

REAR (BEFORE) w/ stock springs

REAR (AFTER) w/DMS

Front w/ DMS

I REALLY LIKE how the front sits.. as for the back, I think it can drop a little lower (maybe it will settle in, after a few weeks).

Here are some more shots with a better cam -

like?
Old 07-15-2005, 12:29 PM
TECH Senior Member

LS1Tech 20 Year Member

Looks pretty sweet... you're right about the back needing to settle a bit though.
Old 07-15-2005, 12:41 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You'll probably have to cut the rears on the DMS springs or remove the coil spring isolator, because that's where it's going to sit at.
Old 07-15-2005, 12:49 PM
TECH Fanatic

Looks good, Allen. My springs haven't come in yet. But, I'm still shopping for shocks anyway. I'll bet your car will look perfect in a couple weeks. Better than looking perfect now and getting too low.

Quick Reply: Hotchkis and DMS pics please....