Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

oem four piston calipers

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2005, 06:09 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default oem four piston calipers

Wondering if there is a decent and available OEM caliper that I could retrofit to my 01. i know about the porsche stuff. Is there anything else?
Old 03-05-2005, 09:31 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by TTExpreSS
Wondering if there is a decent and available OEM caliper that I could retrofit to my 01. i know about the porsche stuff. Is there anything else?
I'm kind of curious to see whether or not the C6 Z06 six piston front/four piston rear brakes can be fit to the f-bodies. The car should be out by the summer. Also, the Cadillac CTS-V has four-piston calipers.
Old 03-05-2005, 05:56 PM
TECH Resident

No. The best thing the to do would be a wilwood setup.
Old 03-06-2005, 08:17 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by jargan04
My nephew has the Wilwood kit. The brakes are AWESOME!

Replacement pads are a BITCH to find.

Do your homework before you decide on which big brake kit to invest in ...
Old 03-09-2005, 10:28 PM
TECH Apprentice

How do you know if they can be made to fit when the car hasn't even been released yet?
Old 03-10-2005, 07:50 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Stoptech makes some quality big brake kits for the money.

http://www.stoptech.com/cgi/search_c...20Brake%20Kits
Old 03-10-2005, 02:29 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by TooSlow02
How do you know if they can be made to fit when the car hasn't even been released yet?
One you are going to pay out the *** for someone to design and make the adapter kit. Two I dont think they will even fit. If you were able to get them to work, you are going to spend a lot more then a Stoptech, Wilwood, SSBC, Brembo, Porsche, or Baer setup.
Old 03-11-2005, 08:34 AM
TECH Enthusiast

The more I research this the cheaper the stoptech kit looks. Definately a nice package there :-)
Old 03-11-2005, 11:22 PM
TECH Apprentice

One you are going to pay out the *** for someone to design and make the adapter kit. Two I dont think they will even fit. If you were able to get them to work, you are going to spend a lot more then a Stoptech, Wilwood, SSBC, Brembo, Porsche, or Baer setup.
One, I can machine my own brackets. Two, if you can make a Porsche caliper fit, why wouldn't you be able to make a GM caliper fit? C5 Corvette calipers bolt right up to an F-body, and C6 Corvettes have the same style suspension. Point being, it's a caliper. You can fit it on anything as long as you have room in your wheels and brackets to bolt it up.

How much you would spend depends on how much the calipers are. It isn't hard to get discounts on GM parts. Ever try that with Brembo, Porsche (which are actually Brembo calipers), or Baer? My work retails Brembo kits and we don't even get a discount. Besides, he asked about factory stuff.

I had the Wilwood kit for a while. I think it's crap. It looks good if that's what you're after, but there's way too much flex in both the caliper and the mounting brackets, not to mention the amount of taper wear I got. I noticed a huge difference when I switched to a four-piston Alcon setup from Baer. Brembo and StopTech are two other quality kits. If you can swing it, I'd recommend the StopTech kit. Brembo quality and about a grand cheaper. We installed this kit on all of our Mini track cars and it's proven itself time and again (and they give us a discount ).
Old 07-12-2005, 12:34 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If I'm not mistaken, Cadillac website mentions that the CTS-V calipers are Brembo's, probably manufactured to GM's specs.

http://www.cadillac.com/cadillacjsp/...e=brakes&year=

Oh, not to mention, the CTS-V Brembos appear to be two piece calipers with support bolts, as opposed to the Porsche 996TT Brembos which is a one-piece design.