Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Rear Rotor Do not want to come off????

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2005, 05:08 PM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Talking Rear Rotor Do not want to come off????

My Rear Rotors do not want to come off???? I followed the manual and they will still not come off. I also tried a rubber hammer and they will not come off...I sprayed them with WD-40 and will try again after supper. The parking brake is off. Should the car be in Netural. That should not make a difference.
Is there a trick to get them off when they do not want to?

Bill
Old 07-08-2005, 06:10 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ball-peen.

Edit: you did pull off the little lock washer deal-a-ma-bob that's around one of the lugs, right?
Old 07-08-2005, 06:24 PM
Staging Lane

Just takes time Bill ,there is no trick you have not tried, they will come off . Work them with the rubber mallet some more going around them . Dont go bustin at them either all mad ,cause your gonna hurt the axle or yourself Check the the park brake again , does it lock the wheels when you put it on ? then move free when its off?are the little star washer things still holding the rotor on ? With the mod list you have I think you know what your doing , just step back and take your time . Good luck
Old 07-08-2005, 07:41 PM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Talking

I got them off, just had to work on them more.
I have another question. The manual does not mention putting any greese on the brake chatter plates. Should I and both sides or just the inside???

Bill
Old 07-10-2005, 06:27 PM
12 Second Club

taking it off, i used a ballpeen hammer to the center section of the rotor, took a little play but came off
In order to get them back on you can close/collapse somewhat of the parking brake. made it easier, but still needed the ballpeen hammer for that passenger side

Last edited by 02WS6Bird; 07-11-2005 at 08:06 AM.
Old 07-10-2005, 11:36 PM
TECH Fanatic

If you have a large brass hammer, use it! We actually have a home-made brass hammer that has about a 5lb head on it. Works wonders on those stuck rotors. Make sure you put some anti-sieze on the back of those rotors once you get them off. Just make sure not to get any anti-sieze on the e-brake shoes.

Quick Reply: Rear Rotor Do not want to come off????