Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

pro-kit problems

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2005, 05:40 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Sam Strano
How much do you want to bet the upper control arms are in the car on the wrong sides........
then why is it that the pass side is fine?
Old 08-22-2005, 06:22 PM
On The Tree

yeah because I have the same problem front and rear the front left sits higer than the right front and the right rear sits lower than the left rear
Old 08-22-2005, 11:20 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Sam Strano
How much do you want to bet the upper control arms are in the car on the wrong sides........
That's pretty much the case since the factory adjustments don't allow for something like that with a properly installed OE suspension. I decided to make an observation since much wasn't stated by the thread starter. I guess all of the panic might inadvertantly prevent someone (thread starter) from posting extremely elaborate details, because when I was new to this stuff, I posted like that too.

Last edited by Foxxton; 08-23-2005 at 12:49 AM.
Old 08-22-2005, 11:35 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by sleep-ez
then why is it that the pass side is fine?
hmmm. The rear settings look superb. The front looks like the technician(s) didn't pay attention to detail. The front is sitting really high, and port side is "pushed" toward the front, while the starboard side is almost "pushed" so aft, that it looks like it could rub the wheel well.

Take the vehicle back and make sure it gets taken care of. As I mentioned earlier, regardless of what OE style replacement spring is used (quality engineered, and not something sold from somebody's ancient caveman laboratory), that front suspension shouldn't look as if it has an "extreme canted thrust angle" if you brought it in with the OEM parts and appearing in good OEM condition.

That result is a result of an operator's technical error, not a manufacturer's.
Old 08-31-2005, 01:20 PM
Staging Lane

well i finally figured out the problem. after taking the struts back to pep boys and having them realign them correctly, i fianlly realized that since the driverside shock is new it will cause the drivers side to sit a tad higher thant he pass. side. also the fact that the rear shocks are the original shock is causing teh rear to sag lower than it actually should. with the fronts realigned properly it sits a little lower but i had to put so 5/8' heater hose over the back springs to raise it up a little bit and keep it from looking like its taking off from the line. it looks way better now and soon i will be replacing the rest of the shocks. thanks for all the help guys :thumb up:
Old 09-19-2005, 03:10 PM
Staging Lane

Default update (same problem)

since i still was having the problem i decided to get another stock decarbon strut. i used one of my roommates off his ws6. i did everything myself to make sure i was doing it right. i put the 5/8" heater hose around the bottom coil and compressed the spring and made sure everything was lined up right. after getting everything done, the car still sits higher in that same spot. i dont understand why this is still a problem, does anyone have any ideas?
Old 09-19-2005, 03:52 PM
VSJ
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just got a used pro kit (2,000 miles) installed on my car. They broke one of my front struts as well so I decided to replace both of them with a used pair I got from ebay. My car sits way lower up front compared to yours and is also higher out back too. I think your springs might be too worn out.
Old 09-19-2005, 04:52 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by sleep-ez
since i still was having the problem i decided to get another stock decarbon strut. i used one of my roommates off his ws6. i did everything myself to make sure i was doing it right. i put the 5/8" heater hose around the bottom coil and compressed the spring and made sure everything was lined up right. after getting everything done, the car still sits higher in that same spot. i dont understand why this is still a problem, does anyone have any ideas?

I think most people including myself say that shocks don't affect ride height. I've changed out shocks and my car sits the same even with worn out shocks.

There is another problem... I wish I could help point you in the right direction or take a look at it.
Old 09-19-2005, 11:34 PM
Teching In

How much did you pay for the install. Im just about to install my Eibach kit and after seeing that I might spend a weekend doing it myself, so there is nothing messed up. How long did they take?
Old 09-19-2005, 11:41 PM
Banned

There has to be something wrong. No prokit sits THAT high in the front. I'll bet the front springs aren't seated in the hat properly because shocks do not affect ride height. The rears do "look" lower than the front though. My prokit did that and that's one reason why it is no longer on my car. I didn't like how soft the rear springs were either. I couldn't be happier with my current setup as far as looks, comfort, and performance.
Old 09-19-2005, 11:43 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by tristatez28lt1
How much did you pay for the install. Im just about to install my Eibach kit and after seeing that I might spend a weekend doing it myself, so there is nothing messed up. How long did they take?

A newb can do it in a day provided you have the necessary tools.
Old 09-20-2005, 02:25 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by tristatez28lt1
i have now done it three times. the first time i did it, it took me 6 hours with hand tools. it now takes me three hours to do the whole install with air tools.

the driver side sits at 27" from the ground to the bottom center of the fender, the pass sits at 26.5"

Last edited by sleep-ez; 09-20-2005 at 03:59 PM.