Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

New Rotors : Suggestions / Pics ??

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2005, 02:29 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default New Rotors : Suggestions / Pics ??

Ok well I have finally fallen victim to the F-Body curse of warped rotors. I am only looking to replace the front ones for now since they are the only ones that are warped and I dont have the money right now to replace the back ones.

I don't really want to replace them with OE rotors since they will likely warp again. However after reading the FAQs here I have realized that slotted and drilled rotors don't really help too much as far as preventing warping. I also realized (which I am not surprised about) that slotted rotors tear up brake pads faster and that drilled rotors are weaker.

Basically I have narrowed it down to replacing my rotors with a blank rotor by frozen rotor like this one

From what I have read they last longer than others, any opinions on these ? Are they worth the extra money for an otherwise normal looking rotor?

My other choice was A slotted / dimpled PowerSlot ProStop II rotor. Like this one Anyone have any pictures of these on their cars? Anyone have any input as to how much extra pad the slotted rotors actually chew up ?

And of course if anyone has any other suggestions I am more than open to them. Also whichever I decide on I will probably be going with Hawk pads
Old 08-19-2005, 02:44 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

brembo blanks
Old 01-09-2006, 04:29 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

what about brembo slotted?
Old 01-09-2006, 05:41 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Get Brembo blanks and some Hawk HPS or PBR pads and you will be set. A few of the sponsors carry them.>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>