Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Brakes give out after load

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2005, 03:57 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Brakes give out after load

Stock brakes, Powerstop rotors all around.

What happens is, the car brakes great, nice and solid, but if I get on it hard and go through gears (like if I make a 1/4 mile pass), I can let off, then hit the brake and I get very little braking power (maybe 1/10th of what it should be). Last time I was at the track I had barely slowed down enough at the final turnaround to make it.

When I hit the brake the pedal is very hard and stays at the top. If I press hard on it, it just fights back. Its not like a mushy pedal where you can press on it and it just sinks and you run out of pedal travel. It is the opposite of that.

I am not sure what the problem is, but maybe the brakes weren't bled enough, I dont know? Any ideas?
Or maybe something with low vacuum? Car does have a cam..
Old 08-22-2005, 04:01 PM
On The Tree

it sounds like a vacuum related problem, i would check the kind of vacuum ure getting...

if i understand correctly its hard to push the pedal in?

try to brake on a road that has alot of dirt/dust on it (like riverland rd where it says road closed with all the dirt there) when ur abs activates and ur pedal SINKS to the floor then i would say vaccum related
Old 08-29-2005, 10:36 AM
Launching!

Anyone??????????????????????
Old 08-29-2005, 11:02 AM
On The Tree

sounds like u got a vacume leak.... There isn't any vacume in a motor when its wide open throttle.
Old 08-29-2005, 05:58 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by [__--MUD--__]
sounds like u got a vacume leak.... There isn't any vacume in a motor when its wide open throttle.
Yeah I need to hook up a pressure gauge...i'll try it and report back...but it only happens after a WOT run...

Quick Reply: Brakes give out after load