Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

How long does it take to install non-adjustable shocks and springs on an f-body?

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2005, 06:50 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default How long does it take to install non-adjustable shocks and springs on an f-body?

I'm thinking about getting the SLP Bilstein/Eibach combo and I'm just wondering how long a professional installation would take. I saw on one installer's page that it would cost $550 for all 4 corners. Is this reasonable? If not, then what would be a reasonable price for a shocks and springs installation? Thanks in advance for the info.
Old 08-22-2005, 07:26 PM
Staging Lane

front take about 2-3 hours and rears take about 45min. i had pep boys compress the springs on the struts for me to save time.
fronts: http://ls1howto.com/index.php?article=6
rears: http://ls1howto.com/index.php?article=8
Old 08-22-2005, 08:12 PM
Teching In

i have a branick spring compressor and I have done it 1.5 for the front and about 45 min for the rear located in nh if your up for a ride and meeting a fellow f body owner
Old 08-22-2005, 11:22 PM
Staging Lane

hmm I did it all my self. But the base has a fully equiped garage and I had a co-worker who was a macanic in the civilian world and the garage supply a few ASE guys to help out. It still took me a couple of hours. plus the bolt of the front shock got lost in transport and had to run around town to find one that fit. The OEM parts are easy to remove and the new parts are really hard to get back in
Old 08-23-2005, 10:54 PM
On The Tree

sounds about double what it should be.

Quick Reply: How long does it take to install non-adjustable shocks and springs on an f-body?