Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Irs...

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2005, 04:02 PM
HPP
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Every time I go out for a drive I experience situations where an IRS would be a benefit. Lots of hills and turns with rough roads almost everywhere.

I am fully aware that the live axle we have can be made to perform VERY well. That isn't the point. The point is about maximizing, to have the ultimate, to remove all bottlenecks (or at least those are cared about).

I wasn't aware of a large F-Body ownership level in Oz. However, as a point of logic, if everyone things that it's too expensive, too difficult, and not worth the trouble, nobody would try, and so the availablility of both car and parts would not necessarily result in an effort being made.

I was hoping to find hard information or pointers to it, not naysaying. This was an attempt to research beyond what google offered, but it seems it's not happening. So I'll let this drop.
Old 08-30-2005, 04:21 PM
TECH Fanatic

wow i'm so pissed off at this ^ jackass right now i'm just going to try to take a breather before i say somthing i regret. seriously...dont bash camaros...your bird is nothing special...ok ill write more later...
Old 08-30-2005, 05:06 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by HPP
Every time I go out for a drive I experience situations where an IRS would be a benefit. Lots of hills and turns with rough roads almost everywhere.

I am fully aware that the live axle we have can be made to perform VERY well. That isn't the point. The point is about maximizing, to have the ultimate, to remove all bottlenecks (or at least those are cared about).

I wasn't aware of a large F-Body ownership level in Oz. However, as a point of logic, if everyone things that it's too expensive, too difficult, and not worth the trouble, nobody would try, and so the availablility of both car and parts would not necessarily result in an effort being made.

I was hoping to find hard information or pointers to it, not naysaying. This was an attempt to research beyond what google offered, but it seems it's not happening. So I'll let this drop.
why don't you be one of the people to be the first to do it... ? if your not worried about the money...ANYTHING is possible...and you would give information for future people who want to do this as well.
Old 08-30-2005, 05:31 PM
TECH Fanatic

As I mentioned earlier, the naysayers are mostly the businesses that already supply a large amount of manufacturing to enhance the F-body. I could go either way. Once again, if no one offers it, you can give it a shot. You never know what you can find.

I know that when I tried to design some sort of IRS retrofit (Using my skills as a CAD technician with the aid of an experienced mechanical engineer) it was very time consuming and required many complex factors in order to retrofit to the current chassis, and that's not even considering the added weight.

As far as most F-body owners, the consensus is to purchase something that performs significantly better than stock for a decent price. If you can pull that one off, you have me as a first customer.

Quick Reply: Irs...