Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

SLP Level I Vs. SLP Level II suspensions???

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2005, 12:29 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SLP Level I Vs. SLP Level II suspensions???

I've been doing some searching. SLP is selling their Level II springs and Bilstein shocks under the Camaro SS/Firehawk restoration section. How does the Level II compare to the Level I suspension? I was thinking of getting the Level II parts since I want a firmer ride with good ride comfort, and a drop less then 1". Would the Level II be what I'm looking for? Also, since the drop would be less then an inch, would I need an adjustable panhard bar and an adjustable torque arm?
Old 09-18-2005, 07:52 PM
TECH Resident

Hello?
Old 09-18-2005, 08:55 PM
TECH Apprentice

Don't know much about the level 1 & 2 combos, but if you are lowering your ride then you'll definitely need LCA relo-brackets. I would also recommend an adj. PHB. Don't know if you "Need" an adj. TQ arm; however adjustability is nice to have (cause you may need to adjust the pinion angle once your lowered).

Hope I helped ya out a little.
Old 09-18-2005, 11:14 PM
Teching In

I don't know how their rides compare to each other, but the level 1 had front 35 mm and rear 21mm sway bars to compensate for the softer spring rate. A few years ago, people with level 1 were complaining that their rear springs were saging; and if I remember correctly, it was concluded that it was because the rear springs were to soft. The lower the rear is the more likely you'll need a panhard bar. Level 1 is .75 and level 2 is .5 lower. Most people that have the level 2 don't have the adj. panhard bar but that doesn't mean you wouldn't need one. Now knowing this I would go with the level 2 because, it has more spring rate. They were use with front 32mm and stock rear sway bar. The 32mm can be found for about $50, you could use the larger swaybars if you wanted. I don't think the level 1 would handle great with out the larger sway bars and the sway bars are not cheap. This is only my opinion hope it helps. Don't know if you've seen this link with the spring rates. Good luck
http://www.angelfire.com/my/fastcar/suspension.html

Quick Reply: SLP Level I Vs. SLP Level II suspensions???