Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

BMR tube SFC / BMR bolt-in relo compatibility

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2005, 09:54 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default BMR tube SFC / BMR bolt-in relo compatibility

just as the subject line says: I am wondering if you can use BMR's relo brackets for the LCA's with the tubular subframe connectors. I got to looking at it last night when my car was on the lift and I'm not sure if I'm supposed to weld the SFC to the bracket since the bracket should sit 'around' the current LCA mount where the SFC would normally weld to. I'm just posting this as a precautionary measure to make sure it is ok. will someone post up if this can be done? pics would be awesome too if anyone has any. I haven't found a write-up with pics of cars which have both done.

Thanks.
Old 10-05-2005, 10:26 AM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Originally Posted by rush7
just as the subject line says: I am wondering if you can use BMR's relo brackets for the LCA's with the tubular subframe connectors. I got to looking at it last night when my car was on the lift and I'm not sure if I'm supposed to weld the SFC to the bracket since the bracket should sit 'around' the current LCA mount where the SFC would normally weld to. I'm just posting this as a precautionary measure to make sure it is ok. will someone post up if this can be done? pics would be awesome too if anyone has any. I haven't found a write-up with pics of cars which have both done.

Thanks.
You will have no problem with them. The tubular sub frame connectors weld into the control arm mount on the frame, the relocation brackets mount to the control arm mount on the rearend. They will not interfere with each other.
Old 10-05-2005, 08:17 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by rush7

Thanks.
I run all BMR stuff. It all clears.
Old 10-05-2005, 10:39 PM
Launching!

got everything installed tonight. I guess I really didn't look at the instructions too well the first time to see where stuff fit up and I kind of panicked when I posted. It was really pretty straightforward when I was under the car. Haven't got to drive it yet. Still have to change out a torque arm bushing tomorrow....damn I want to drive it...Thanks for your replies Ed and BMR