Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Is anyone running Global West?

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2005, 12:52 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Is anyone running Global West?

I am looking at doing my suspension here real soon for street and autox. I am very seriously considering BMR, but curious if anyone has any opinions of GW's stuff. I have buddies with their stuff on LT1 cars, but don't think anyone knew of BMR at that point. Was about 7-8 years ago. Let me know what you think or if you have any opinions. Thanks.
Old 11-08-2005, 12:54 AM
Teching In

Oh by the way, don't worry about the Edelbrock shocks in my sig. They are going away soon as well. Fine for the street stock height, but were not up to the task with the Eibach Pro springs. Will be stepping up to Koni DA's.
Old 11-08-2005, 01:20 AM
TECH Senior Member

A little reasearch here should give you all the answeres you need, along with some phone calls to certain sponsors.
Old 11-08-2005, 01:29 AM
TECH Fanatic

I had a set of GW LCAs, they had the sperical bearing. They were nasty loud, stay away. I have a set of LG Motorsports aluminum adjstable LCAs now, they are fairly quite {alot better than the GW LCAs}, they are adjustable, they are lighter and the rod ends are readily replaceable once they do get noisy.
Old 11-08-2005, 10:22 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am very happy with my Global West SFC's.
Old 11-08-2005, 05:43 PM
12 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

GW APHR here for 4 years, works fine. Sold the GW LCA's, loud.
Old 11-08-2005, 06:39 PM
TECH Fanatic

The GW LCA's probably had rod ends that are lousy to use on the street. Never had them, however I can vouch that good rod ends are essential for quiet and comfortable use on the street.

My vote for LCA's would be some that are well made with high quality aluminium alloy, and high quality rod ends. LG Motorsports are a start, but I'm sure there are quite a bit more.

The only GW parts that I'm considering would be their upper A-arms, but I'm only going by the popular consensus and not my experience.
Old 11-09-2005, 02:47 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by Foxxton
The GW LCA's probably had rod ends that are lousy to use on the street. Never had them, however I can vouch that good rod ends are essential for quiet and comfortable use on the street.

The GW LCAs had internal spherical bearings, not rod ends (i.e.; they looked just like most poly bushed non-adjustable LCAs). I had these but asked Doug to put high durometer rubber bushings in there in place of the noisy sphericals. Not bad arms, but way too overbuilt and 2-3X heavier than stock (these things looked like they could handle a <1.0 60' on a sticky slicked 1600 rwhp rocket sled)!!!
Old 11-09-2005, 03:23 PM
Teching In

Cool thanks guys. I want to check out LG as well, but their site must be in the middle of being redone. It doesn't show anything for F-bodies.
Old 11-09-2005, 03:31 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Foxxton
My vote for LCA's would be some that are well made with high quality aluminium alloy, and high quality rod ends. LG Motorsports are a start, but I'm sure there are quite a bit more.
A buddy of mine makes aluminum hex tubed LCA's using 3/4x5/8 QA1 XM series rod ends. Very nice.
Old 11-09-2005, 04:47 PM
Cal
TECH Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by SSCamaro99_3
A buddy of mine makes aluminum hex tubed LCA's using 3/4x5/8 QA1 XM series rod ends. Very nice.
That sounds like the ones that we like over on frrax.com; here is the information on how to assemble your own copied from another one of my posts:

The kind you want are 3/4" QA1 "Endura Series" rod ends. If you have anything less than that, they are going to be noisy as hell and drive you nuts.

Aluminum LCA's are light and plenty strong enough. They are probably even cheaper than most others. You just have to be smart enough to know how to order the parts and assemble them yourself. Coleman Racing has the 16" tubular aluminum LCA's, and you can order the QA1 rod ends from Racer's Parts Wholesale. This link may help:
http://www.crystalridge.net/cars/images/LCA/lca.htm

Same thing applies to the panhard bar:
http://www.crystalridge.net/cars/images/PHR/phr.htm

The only other part you need is a set of stepped aluminum spacers. I have been making those for people for cheap, so email me if you want some.

Quick Reply: Is anyone running Global West?