Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

umi phr doesn't fit

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2005, 11:25 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default umi phr doesn't fit

I'm getting the finishing touches on my 9" install and my phr (umi on car adjustable w/ one rod end) doesn't fit onto the new rear end. The poly bushing fits onto the car perfectly, but the bolting point on the rear end is too narrow to accept the rod end. Has anyone else run into this problem and had to use some grinding to get the phr to fit?
Old 11-15-2005, 08:57 AM
FormerVendor

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

We have found that most (esp. Moser) rear-ends have very sloppy tolerances. We have found ourselfs having to use a pry bar many times to spread the mounting brackets for the panhard bar to fit, this is very common. I am pretty sure this is the problem and recommend trying to spread the rear-end bracket slightly instead of grinding the panhard bar bushings.

Hope that helps!

Ryan

Last edited by UMI Performance; 11-15-2005 at 02:19 PM. Reason: Spelling Error
Old 11-15-2005, 01:40 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by UMI Performance
We have found that most (esp. Moser) rear-ends have very sloppy tolerances. We have found ourselfs having to use a pry bar many times to spred the mounting brackets for the panhard bar to fit, this is very common. I am pretty sure this is the problem and recommend trying to spread the rear-end bracket slightly instead of grinding the panhard bar bushings.

Hope that helps!

Ryan
Thanks Ryan! It is a Moser housing so that's probably the issue. I was going to grind the housing itself and not the bushings. The panhard is the exact correct size and is too nice to grind. I'll try out the bending and prying first and see if that does the trick.