Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Question on LCA?

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2005, 09:07 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Question on LCA?

I understand that the adjustable LCA's or for the more precise drag racer or autoXer. I am thinking about buying theese LCA's and would like some input from yall who already have theese and your opinion's on them before I make the purchase. Thanks in advance,

-Kris
Old 11-18-2005, 09:08 PM
Staging Lane

O it would probably help if you knew wich ones I was looking at getting here is the location of them... http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/PERF-...15650414QQrdZ1
Old 11-18-2005, 09:12 PM
TECH Senior Member

Never seen thoes before, so I cant comment on thoes. FWIW on my daily diver I run the LG adjustable aluminum LCA's. Trackbird also makes some really nice pieces.
Old 11-18-2005, 10:00 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I don't know if he's trying to get to this, but I am: do you need adjustable LCA's for a daily driver just looking to plant the tires? Additionally, do you then need relocation brackets if you go adjustable versus non?

For what it's worth, I'd like to be able to adjust to get the best setup, as I'm sure most people would. But, I'm not all for it if it's just a waste of money or something I won't use (or may misuse).
Old 11-24-2005, 07:46 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by ArcticZ28
I don't know if he's trying to get to this, but I am: do you need adjustable LCA's for a daily driver just looking to plant the tires? Additionally, do you then need relocation brackets if you go adjustable versus non?

For what it's worth, I'd like to be able to adjust to get the best setup, as I'm sure most people would. But, I'm not all for it if it's just a waste of money or something I won't use (or may misuse).

I am in that exact predicament now that I am seriously looking to buy LCA's. I am also concerned with the polyurethane bushings most companies use in their LCA's, i have heard that under stress the poly. bushings have a tendency to lock up and possibly cause problems by not allowing the LCA's to move freely. Any input on these topics (adjustable vs. non & poly bushings) would be greatly appriciated .

Last edited by Billsz28b4c; 11-26-2005 at 03:37 PM.
Old 11-30-2005, 08:15 AM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ArcticZ28

I have the same question so TTT.
Old 11-30-2005, 12:07 PM
12 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

With a stock rearend, no. With an aftermarket, you may need adjustable LCA's if the rear end is off. However I have a stock rearend with adjustable LCA's. Go rod ends ( quality ) and don't use poly on the side that attaches to the axle.
Old 11-30-2005, 10:06 PM
On The Tree

Would you recomend rod ends on the rear end side even for a daily driver? I though rod ends may be more prone to wear due to constant variations in poor road construction on a car that is daily driven.
Old 11-30-2005, 11:11 PM
TECH Fanatic

The adj. LCA's to purchase would be the one's mentioned so far (LG aluminium or trackbird aluminium). There are several others, however they are usually heavier or don't save much weight, are tubular and boxed (which contribute to more binding that is counterproductive to RR and AX), and/or have Polyurethane bushings that contribute to unecessary binding (not so much the durometer [hardness], but also the fact that they can deform over time [cold-flow]).

Rod ends could be a royal PIA, however the ones mentioned above have much higher quality rod ends that are 3-piece (body, race, and ball) and have teflon lined races (sort of a "self-lubricating" type), as opposed to 2-piece designs (body and ball only). Depending on environment and/or application, you might get at least two years out of them. You can also get dust boot covers for the rod ends, but don't exactly remember where to get them.

As far as my experience with them, I hardly notice they're there, unless I remember to check them, since I do open track with them.

Try this link for more poly info:
http://www.geocities.com/MotorCity/1701/bushings.htm

Last edited by Foxxton; 11-30-2005 at 11:25 PM.